New Bands music up (Dual Recto content)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like it!
both songs are pretty good.
the recording itself sounds great on both tunes!

Wow,

Both songs are awesome!

Frequently I click on band links from some of the gear pages I visit.

That was the best since I can't remember when.

Oh Yeah, killer tone too.

I liked Thrown Away better, but both songs totally kicked ***!

Singer puts together great words and melody as well!

Cool band name as well!

pretty good stuff. The gutar tone is sick. You mind sharing a bit of your settings there? For the life of me I cant get that pinpoint tone, its always really fuzzy you know?

Jay22 said:
pretty good stuff. The gutar tone is sick. You mind sharing a bit of your settings there? For the life of me I cant get that pinpoint tone, its always really fuzzy you know?

No problem dude. Well you know how everyone says you have to boost a Recto. Well I use EMG85 pickups running at 18v. This gives me a pretty hot signal that acts lke a semi-boost. Anyways the settings are:
Modern Mode
Gain: 11:00
Treble: 12:00
Mids: 1:30
Bass: 11:00
Presense: 11:00
MV: 12:00
O/P: 11:30

My gain may have been set a bit less too. I don't use much gain, I let the guitar do the work. Also there are 12 rythmn tracks so that helps beef up the sound. Thanks alot for the listening and the kind words guys. I really appreciate it!

Really great stuff. If you release a CD, definitely send it to MusicPlayers.com for a review.

I'd like to share a very different sounding rectifier track...

http://www.myspace.com/daysbeforetomorrow

We just finished up the song "After The Rain" for Sirius Radio and Main Man Records. It's a reinterpretation of a classic hair band song (the theme of the compilation CD), done in our style, which is melodic prog.

I'm playing the Road King II, and our other guitarist Derek plays the DR Tremoverb.

The other track on our myspace page is older -- from our 2006 EP. That one is just me with a Triaxis rig -- no recto there.

Scott

Back