New Amp Day! - update

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ESP123

Reaction score
New MESA SINGLE RECTIFIER RECT-O-VERB arrived today straight from the Mesa Boys in Cal-i-for-nia. This is my dream amp and the wait for a new one from Mesa was well worth it. Enjoy my bliss this afternoon through the pics below as it arrived at my doorstep.

Congrats ESP123! I have never tried a rectoverb, what kind of amp are they (what styles of music are they best suited for)?

Congrats dude! It's cool that Mesa is still making these. I read that they just dropped the price on the RoV amps by like $300. Is this true? These are some of Mesa's best amps IMO. The combo version is the best sounding combo I've ever heard. This amp just loves the 3/4 back cab design! Try some JJ E34Ls in there for variety sometime - they sound really good as do the stock Mesa tubes.

ixoye777 said:
Congrats ESP123! I have never tried a rectoverb, what kind of amp are they (what styles of music are they best suited for)?

These are really diverse amps - On one hand you have the Rectifier and all its sound and on the other you have a 2 channel straight up selection for everything between Jazz, Rock, Blues, Metal..etc This amp can do any style like it was made to do just the one.

Wow I feel silly. I had no idea they still made a Rectoverb in any form anymore. Man I really want one!

ROV's are awesome. Excellent price point and they deliver the goods. Plain and simple. You are right about being able to coax a wide variety of sounds out of them. For a high gain tube amp, with an awesome gain channel, the clean is musical and chimey.

They are definitely versatile!

I thought this review of the RoV was spot on:
http://www.mesaboogie.com/Reviews/PMF-Rverb50/PMF-RectOVerb50.htm

Back