Need to convert a recto 2x12 to 1/2 back or 3/4 back ..

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xscottx9

Reaction score
I have a Marshall 4x12, and a Recto 2x12. I want to convert the 2x12 to a 1/2 back. My Road King II is coming soon, and I want to take advantage of the cabinet switching on the amp ..

so. I plan on removing the stock back piece, and buying a piece of wood to cut to fit ..

What kind of wood should I buy? Price is not really a big deal, s the wood is not going to cost that much ..

Pine? .. I do have some nice laminate in the garage that would prolly work just fine, it is 3/4 pine laminate plywood .. the good stuff.

should I go 1/2 back, or 3/4 back?

I would probably use 3/4" birch. Less likely to warp than pine. Although I have some ear candy cabs made with pine and they are fine.

I would also probably go with 1/2 back, since you will have a full closed back on your other cab.

I'm soon to be ordering a RK2 as well. I'm considering getting the combo (which I think is a 1/2-back).

You could try starting with a closed back and start removing wood (by porting first?) and experiment til you find what you want. :eek:

Latest posts

Back