Need help with my MK IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CerpinVolta

Reaction score
So last night while practicing with my band my MK IV went out halfway through our first song and I'm not sure exactly what the problem is. While tuning and setting volume before we started playing i had notice that the R2 and lead channels were feeding back an awful lot but i didn't think much of it as i had turned the gain up a little. Well ten minutes later in the middle of the other guitar players solo my amp just shut off. We finished the last 30 seconds of the song and everyone notices a burning smell. I look at the back of the amp and the far left tube is glowing red while the others appear to have no coloration.

Now the amp won't turn back on for anything. This is the only Mesa and only tube amp I've had for that matter so I'm not to sure exactly to fix it or whats wrong. But I'm guessing a bad tube caused my fuse to blow? Again im not sure. i did check the fuse and it looked ok but what do i know :cry:

I bought the amp brand new nearly three years ago and it does have the original tubes in it. Any help or suggestions would be awesome as we have practice again on Sunday and if I don't get this fixed by then i have no amp to play.

Thanks again and sorry for the long post :)

Dave

I had the exact problem and first all of channels start to sound very bad and the fuse blew and you can see one of the power tubes is buring red. So i replaced the power tubes (bought the matched ones at guitar center) and everything works fine since.

Yep you need a new set of power tubes and replace the fuse. For the power tubes, get a set of SED 6L6's...the one with the "Winged C" logo. Thank me later ;)

How can you tell with the SED 6L6's that you're getting the correct range that will work with Mesa's fixed bias?
Sorry for the hijack.

Latest posts

Back