Need help with markII identification

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dexter88

Reaction score
Hey Y'all,
I have a couple of older markII series amps and was wondering how to distiguish between markII,IIb,IIc ect.......Thanks in advance for any help!! :)

Could someone tell me where to find the serial number on the amp? I always thought I had a mkIIB, but the dates and knobs point to a mkIIC. Amp was deliverd in October of 1983, and had the all black larger knobs.

I may be selling mine and there appears to be a huge difference in resale between a B and C.

Thanks

thesjkexperience said:
Could someone tell me where to find the serial number on the amp? I always thought I had a mkIIB, but the dates and knobs point to a mkIIC. Amp was deliverd in October of 1983, and had the all black larger knobs.

I may be selling mine and there appears to be a huge difference in resale between a B and C.

Thanks

Below the speaker jacks. The face plate should have all pull knobs except the mids and say " Gain Boost" above the master volume. For instance, the first three know should have pull bright, pull shift and pull shift above them.

thesjkexperience said:

Thanks

Are you saying that you have a Mark IIB that came from the factory in 83' with the all black style IIC knobs? I have wondered if some of the late IIB's might have come this way from Mesa.

Latest posts

Back