Convert MarkII-B to a head? +EL34 question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hockeydog

Reaction score
Infrequent poster here, hope to change that as I am starting to use my Boogie MarkII-B more.
I have a MarkII-B simil-class with reverb combo and would like to know if anyone is aware of a conversion head cabinet for this chassis. It can be Tolex, plain wood, or even a rack style. I am playing the amp thru a 2x12 that I can leave at the practice site but I won't leave the amp. With the EV it's a heavy amp to haul around in my Subaru sedan. I did find a seller on ebay that makes one for a MarkI but not sure that would work.

Also just wanted to ask if I can use Mesa EL34's in the amp ? My understanding is that I can put a pair in the outside slots and when in Class A they would be the only tubes in use. 15 watt Class A is my preferred mode, it's plenty loud.

Thank you for any input.
I have been thru a number of Boogies, this one for better or worse is the one I'll keep forever, although I wished I have kept my MarkIII that I got in 1987 and the big cab Electra Dyne 1x12. Such is life.

Hi,

I had a head cab made for my MkIIC+ a while back. I believe it was Board user GTS (George Stergiou?)
Not sure if he is still active on the Board, but he did an awesome job on the Cab.

Good luck!

I got one from Rawcabs, he's great to deal with.
http://rawcabs.com/Welcome_page.html

Thank you both for the help!! I will check out both resources. Would love to take my Mark II-B out again.

My friend finished my rawcabs headshell the other day. Came out excellent!

3ousyAT.jpg

Back