Need help with fully loaded MK III Blue Stripe

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyler_89vision

Reaction score
Hi there I bought this amp not to long ago and when I purchased it it needed all new tubes and the entire R2 channel did not work...I finally got around to being able to afford all new tubes and though it did wonders for the amp all together, the R2 problem still exist. Any time I plug the the R2 footswitch it does nothing...some times it will switch it to a really soft distorted type thing, but it is definatly not the MK III R2 channel. The switch does not even light up, and I have tried different footswitches cords ect. Also theres really no difference when I use the knobs to pull the channel, it stays the same. Any ideas? I live in Ohio so shipping the amp to Cali to have Mike B look at it is not an option because I need to use the amp everyday for shows and practice.

Also towards the bottom of the speaker has came loose over the years and is now pushing up against the wicker grill a little bit. I don't want this problem to get worse so does anyone know how I can tighten this down in the front without ruining the wicker?

Thanks for any help you may provide.

1) R2 problem - could be an LDR. Get in touch with Monster-Tone on this board. I sent him my Blue Stripe and he took great care of it.

2) Remove the grille and screw the speaker in. :)

the switching problem could also be the pot. especially since the foot switch makes some change... and the pot does nothing.

Latest posts

Back