Need help troubleshooting dead reverb in LSS

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bduersch

Reaction score
Came home from work today and unpacked a generally-new-looking-but-used-nonetheless LSS head... first thing I noticed when I fired it up is that I've got no reverb (!) on either channel.

So here's what I tried to troubleshoot...

1) checked to make sure the reverb send/return wires were connected securely and that the V4 tube was seated correctly - no reverb

2) turned the reverb controls up to max and jostled the amp head - I hear reverb!

3) tried swapping the RCA reverb send cable - still no reverb

Thoughts? I'm assuming that if I hear something when I shake the amp that the cables, tube, and transformer are fine and that it's a problem in the actual reverb tank. But I've been wrong before... :)

--B

Ok, disregard the previous... I grabbed a couple of long RCA cables and was able to plug my Mark V's reverb tank into the LSS send/receive jacks and successfully got reverb to work on the LSS, so it's definitely the tank in the LSS.

That said, does anybody have the part # for the LSS reverb tank handy? Or is it a standard Accutronics model?

Thanks,
--B

The Accutronics reverb tank in my Express 5:50 failed and was replaced under warranty when the amp was about a year old.

Accutronics makes a bunch of different models. I'd remove yours to see which one it is.

I'd call Mesa/Boogie first and talk to them about it.

Thanks again for the help in getting the right reverb tank part #... while it took me almost a month to get the replacement tank delivered and installed, I'm now glad to say that my LSS is back to perfect working condition!

--B

Back