Need Help identifying a mesa cabinet.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squeally dan

Reaction score
I just bought a Mesa cabinet but I can't find much about it. Its a vertical 2x12 in burgandy with what looks like Keather corners. Its a slant face 2x12. It says Mesa boogie on the grill instead of mesa engineering. It looks a little smaller than the current 2X12 vertical recto cabs. Can anyone tell me more about this cabinet. What is it worth? I may have paid too much. Also, what years was it likely made. I won't have it in my possession until Friday so I don't know muc helse about it.

Thanks!

mesacab.jpg

mesacab.jpg
[/img]

That looks to me like a custom finish to the old 2 x 12" vertical cab they use to produce. I think they used to have two different speakers in them, an EV in the sealed enclosure at the bottom and a Celestion at the top. I may be wrong on that one. Mesa have used a couple of types of name plates on their amps and cabs over the years - 'Boogie', 'Mesa Boogie' and 'Mesa Engineering'
But I'd get rid of that VHT and get yourself a proper amp (Mesa) to match that cab :lol:
Ian

I just go a Heartbreaker head and I'm scared its going to be too large for this cabinet.

PRS-Ian said:
That looks to me like a custom finish to the old 2 x 12" vertical cab they use to produce. I think they used to have two different speakers in them, an EV in the sealed enclosure at the bottom and a Celestion at the top. I may be wrong on that one. Mesa have used a couple of types of name plates on their amps and cabs over the years - 'Boogie', 'Mesa Boogie' and 'Mesa Engineering'
But I'd get rid of that VHT and get yourself a proper amp (Mesa) to match that cab :lol:
Ian

It has two black shaddows. Any quess as to how much it is worth?

squeally dan said:
I just bought a Mesa cabinet but I can't find much about it. Its a vertical 2x12 in burgandy with what looks like Keather corners. Its a slant face 2x12. It says Mesa boogie on the grill instead of mesa engineering. It looks a little smaller than the current 2X12 vertical recto cabs. Can anyone tell me more about this cabinet. What is it worth? I may have paid too much. Also, what years was it likely made. I won't have it in my possession until Friday so I don't know muc helse about it.

Thanks!

mesacab.jpg

mesacab.jpg
[/img]

I think thats the cab that came out around the time of the dual caliber amps . Its a custom order though . Wine taurus vinyl and and tan grille cloth . I would assume its the same dimensions , etc.. as the current version . You can check it out on the mesa site . they have a nice page showing all the current cabs .

The person selling me told me he thinks it is somewhat smaller and less bulky in comparison to the new 2 x12 vertical cabs. HOw much you think its worth?

squeally dan said:
The person selling me told me he thinks it is somewhat smaller and less bulky in comparison to the new 2 x12 vertical cabs. HOw much you think its worth?

Why not measure it and check it against the dimensions on the mesa site ?

I saw one of these at GC today. Did not check out the Type of speakers and it was a black version of that same cab.

they had it there for 399$.

Hope this helps.

If we could see the back to know for sure wheather or not it's a "half back". I have one and it is the slightly bigger answer to a 1x12 theile and a 1x12 open. The bottom is tuned and ported and top is fully open or can be closed. With the right speakers in it you would love it (as I do mine)

Back