Need effects recommendations..... Mark V

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The G System does 4cm as I am sure everyone knows. I use one and love it. And to answer the previous question i am actually using an older one without the buffer. But mine is racked next to my Triaxis so i only run about 18 inches of cable so i would probably not benefit from it. Longer cables, from what I hear, really do need the buffer. And also to chime in I also actually really like the M13. Great little emulator.

Peace,
Joshua

Re:]he comments about individual vs bundled effects..

I'm sure you are correct. But when I looked at my options, I found that 3 eventide pedals cost over a grand plus a wah and a vol pedal, cords, pedal board, power supply etc. .... it really adds up.

I find the effects in the G System very nice indeed. There is a great sound Steve Wilson gets on "Halflight" and also on his new live set that he may or may not get from a G system, but I can get with mine...It has allowed me to cover that tune by Black Keys "Lonely boy:" without buying a whammy pedal....it is quick to set up in a live situation etc.

All that said, the fun of collecting and swapping out effects is not a luxury I have at this point in time, so it works for me.

I wish the OP luck in his adventure!

BTW I have the "old" G-system (as of 2011 anyway). I use a Cornish LD3 for the buffer.

Is the buffer needed? GC in Nashville has the older non buffer model for $600 which seems like a steal but I want to make sure it's going to sound as good as my g major 2.

Is a buffer needed/

I don't really know. I started using the Cornish LD3 a few years ago after a friend of mine suggested it. I was using a H&K zenTera and a Parker Fly Classic. We experimented and found that the LD3 improved the consistency of the Fly even though the zen had internal effects (I did not use stomp boxes.) I bought it from him and have used it with my Fly ever since. I use it with the Mark V and G system, and I use it when recording using plugins. It just sounds better.

You may have different results.

I run an M9 paired with an Amp Gizmo and use it as a midi controller as well as an effects processor. Now keep in mind I never go heavy on the effects, just a little delay and reverb here and there, subtle chorus on cleans etc. and I've had great results with no complaints. Is analog better? Maybe, but the ease of use live and the tones I've get from it with some work have yielded great results I'm very happy with.

Latest posts

Back