Need Cab recommendation

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krb813

Reaction score
Just put some money down on a Mark V 25. I need some help with choosing a cab. Probably a 1x12 or maybe a 2x12. I prefer to have decent low end and mids without shrill highs if that makes sense.

Thanks

2x12 or two 1x12 that you can stack. A single 1x12 will disappoint.

I tried the MV25 through a slant 1x12 stacked on a Theile and it was huge.

I use it with a widebody ported 1x12 and it's good, but really needs a second cab. I have used it with a 4x10 that sounds great and mostly my vertical 2x12.

How would a 1x12 Theile by itself workout? I don't have one in the area I can try out.

Thanks for all the info Elvis. Do you think a couple of the Compact 1x12's stacked would be ok?

Unfortunately I can only come up with the dough for one cabinet right now. Any idea which one I should start with. Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks Elvis. I am leaning towards that RA 27 1x12. Now hopefully I can find one I can try out,

I can vouch for what elvis is saying. I just picked up the Mark V 25 and a mini rec slant 1x12 cab. It sounds great, but not huge. In fact, I'm a little on the disappointed side as in that it sounds about as big as it looks. I guess I expected a little bigger sound. Keep in mind, that doesn't mean that it doesn't sound GREAT, just not huge.

I think I'm going to list the 1x12 on craigslist and holdout for a vertical 2x12. The size of the head begs for a vertical 2x12 or two 1x12 stacked. By the time you get 2 Boogie 1x12s, you almost could have bought a Mini Rec haha. Just makes more sense monetarily to get a 2x12.

I'd LOVE to see Boogie take there Rectifier 2x12 cabs and rotate the logo for vertical use....that would be awesome.

Back