Need advice for selling rare Boogie Combo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turbo

Reaction score
Hi all. First post.

I am a long time Boogie lover. Owned around 10 since 1979.

Due to health issues, I have decided to sell some of my possessions and travel some while I am still relatively healthy.
I'd like to get any advice you guys/gals might have on selling a rare combo I have

I know that a Mark IIA is worth less than a Mark IIC+ etc... I know hardwood cabinet models are worth more. However, mine is a Big Brother model (has a 15-inch speaker vs 12-inch). The cabinet is made from ONE plank of gorgeous flamed Koa wood. All original and had been sitting in a closet with the factory cover on it for 20+ years when I bought it a couple years ago. Still has the original GE USA tubes in it including the spare. EV speaker, EQ, all options, factory cover. I'd guess that just a Koa board like the one used to make this amp would be several hundred dollars.

My question: Is there a better way to sell this rare amp? And how much is it worth? I don't to give it away. It's perhaps THE nicest thing I own. I was told By Boogie there could have been from one to 3 ever made like this one. The grain in the flamed Koa follows around the entire cabinet. Just gorgeous! I really believe this amp is worthy of a spot in a museum or some rock star's house!

As we all know, right now is a buyers market. Bad time to try and sell anything. eBay has gotten outrageous on their fees. But the exposure is big. I might luck into someone on a music board that will want it. But due to the circumstances, I'd like to get as much for it as possible.

Sorry for the long, sale-related first post!

All advice appreciated.

I would suggest to post several pictures of the front and back pannel and speaker and we'll give you a good idea of what you got and what it's worth.

You can try selling on the Clasifieds here on the board, you'll be sure to get a "fair" deal, a price that'll be fair for both you the seller and also the buyer.

Let's start with some pics tho!

Thanks.
Good advice.
I am going to be taking a BUNCH of photos tomorrow morning.
I'll come back here and post them.

There's a guy "Bigmouth" that I know of who has all kinds of C+'s and probably other Mesa's too, maybe that's the guy your thinkin of?

Back