Need a new guitar for new MARK V!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love my Paul Reed Smith through my MV. Since you don't like the ultra thin necks you will probably like the PRS. I have stock dragon II pickups in it and they sound great...

I played a PRS, Jem 777, American Strat, Les Paul Studio, American Tele, Ibanez JS1000 and a Suhr Classic when deciding which guitar to get next. I purchased a Musicman JP6. I liked the neck, body and features better than any other guitar out there. Having said that I was first looking at the Musicman 25th anniversary for the look and tones available. The JP6 didn't have as many pickup selections available but was hands down a faster, smoother guitar to play. I may still replace the pickups with the newer DiMarzios and put a push/pull coil tap on the tone control but the guitar is definitely a keeper. FTR I play more than just hard rock/Metal with this guitar. AND, I have a Dual Rec, a Mark III blue and a Cornford Mk50. The MM and the Mark V are the best fit together. I did swap the power tubes out for Mesa 447s.

salvatruco said:
espmaster1 said:
Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to know about Carvin's? I'd probably get a custom shop, but does anyone own any Carvin's that they swear by? DO they make quality products?

I've also been thinking about finding a used Suhr guitar >.< Any opinions on those?

love mine suhr Pro series S6
suhrproseriesS6005.jpg

good luck finding the guitar that is for you :wink:

SWEET! I want one of these SO bad!

smd24fan said:
salvatruco said:
espmaster1 said:
Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to know about Carvin's? I'd probably get a custom shop, but does anyone own any Carvin's that they swear by? DO they make quality products?

I've also been thinking about finding a used Suhr guitar >.< Any opinions on those?

love mine suhr Pro series S6
suhrproseriesS6005.jpg

good luck finding the guitar that is for you :wink:

SWEET! I want one of these SO bad!

What pick ups are you using in your Suhr? Were you going for any particular sound, I'm looking for suggestions. I'm about to put a custom sheet together!!!!! >.<

What pick ups are you using in your Suhr? Were you going for any particular sound, I'm looking for suggestions. I'm about to put a custom sheet together!!!!! >.<[/quote][/quote]
hey ESPmaster1,
i love mids,tight bass and sweet highs so the SSH+ in bridge and SSV in neck speaks to me....
do some research with the wood combinations so you'll have a better idea of what you are looking for. i like fusion players like greg howe, mike stern and also i am enjoying andy timmons
basswood,maple top and one piece maple neck is my perfect combination but again check the different wood combinations from the suhr site..if you are placing a costum order keep in mind that they can install a tremol no to your guitar

good luck and do not rush,take your time :wink:

I am between Aldrich and your combo right now, the SSH in the brdige and SSV in the neck. It's so hard to decide! What is a tremel no?

espmaster1 said:
I am between Aldrich and your combo right now, the SSH in the brdige and SSV in the neck. It's so hard to decide! What is a tremel no?
here is a tremol no demo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiZnipHc1ec some people like it and some don't... I installed one in my ESP MII and love it!!! I'll be installing one in my suhr.

good luck

Sorry for the most un-original idea on earth, but> If you let your ears guide you, nothing will have as rich of a sound as a nice LesPaul through your amp. When I switched over to Mesa a few years back, my '95 L.P. Standard sounded SOOO amazing compared to everything else. It took me a year to get my other guitars into rotation again. (although Gibson has so many darn L.P. models now......I'd expect the Petrucci fan club to hop in and start bashng away any minute now on this........)

UltraGary said:
Sorry for the most un-original idea on earth, but> If you let your ears guide you, nothing will have as rich of a sound as a nice LesPaul through your amp. When I switched over to Mesa a few years back, my '95 L.P. Standard sounded SOOO amazing compared to everything else. It took me a year to get my other guitars into rotation again. (although Gibson has so many darn L.P. models now......I'd expect the Petrucci fan club to hop in and start bashng away any minute now on this........)

Tough to argue with that!...other than to say previous generations to be far more playable and have better quality. Of course there's always Godin. The more I play 'em the more I want one!

Latest posts

Back