Need 2 ch Dual Recto clips!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

groovetuber

Reaction score
If at all possible, could some of you post clips of the 2 chan dual rect? I would love to hear the cleans, as I haven't really heard the cleans form this amp. Also, if any of you could post some low gain metal clips, that'd be great. Aside from those specifics, any other clips would be awesome. Thanks much!

Mr Random Hero said:
I'll try and record my 2ch blackface, but I need to get a recording interface first..

Haha, wow, Firefox was logged into my old username, I was just using it to test the speed. Opera is logged into this one.. hence the confusion.

I AM the same person btw.. :)

Haha, ok sounds good. I'm looking forward to the clip. I am basically at a toss up as far as getting the 2 chan DR or the Roadster. If the 2 chan DR has everything I need, that'll be good cuz the cost differece is huge!

It's easier than having to listen to someone's clips? Let's put it this way, the difference between the cleans will be greater than the difference in gain tones! What's more important to you?

2ch=ok cleans
roadster=fender cleans

2ch=GREAT recto sound
roadster=???. I predict not as organic

2ch=limited versatility
roadster=unlimited versatility

i also think the roadster can do 34's and 6l6 at same time.

I have found, what I think, is a very good clean sound out of my Dual Head by using EL34's and JJ preamp tubes. I play everything from the Temptations to Dwight Yoakum to REO to Beatles etc. with my Dual head and can cover all those very well. And I very humbly say, I get a ton of complements from other players on my tones. I know it's my Mesa not my playing, well just maybe...LOL

i'm a bit old school as far as tone goes and feel my old 2ch sounds clearer than my newer 3ch DR. As i haven't played a roadster (i've played a vers1 road king tho), I could only assume that the newer circuit boards are closer in tone to the 3ch. But I urgently beg you to not make a buying decision off of this opinion. Go out and play the amps. For all i know, the roadster can kick the a$$ out of both of my amps. General opinion (which i back up thru my 2 amps) is that the older amps sound a little better. Roadsters kick maximum butt though in looks, versatility and sounds. If i was rich i'd have one =)

Latest posts

Back