NAD: Triple Rec Multi-watt

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I picked up one of these bad boys over the weekend, and I am thoroughly impressed. I am currently running it through a Bruno 2x12 Cab with some Heritage Greenbacks in 50 watt mode and it rips! I realize that if I run the amp hard, especially in full power mode, I'll fry my speakers, but **** this thing sounds great with the greenies. It's a much warmer sound than through my 2x12 Recto cab. I may need to consider a 4x12 with greenies, or perhaps some 65 watt cream backs.

Really pleased with this amp so far.

Awesome!
The 150watts is a beastly amount of headroom with an artillery like bottom end. GREAT for metal rhythm!

A 4 x 12 with G12 - 65s running in an x pattern with v30s may be nice. I'd recomment v30s with c90s but that is probably not the sort of tone / application you are looking for.

That's a great amp, I'm super pumped for you!!!

If you dig the Greenies and want a great 4x12 cab with that tone but higher power handling try a Splawn cab with the Eminence Small Block speakers that they have made special.
When I bought my Roadster I had a few buddies bring over a slew of cabs to try out. I tried a few Mesa cabs (Recto OS, Stiletto, and old Halfback), the standard JCM800 cab with G12-75's, the high end Marshall AV cab with V30's, MF400 with G12K-100's, a Marshall cab with Greenies, my Splawn cab, and a couple no name cheapo cabs. We cracked a case of beer and proceeded to flog speakers for the next four or five hours.
Of course most of these cabs sounded amazing but all four of us agreed that the Splawn cab had something more. Or maybe less. We didn't have anything bad to say about it where with every other cab there was issues with being too boomy, honky, blanketed, shrill, flubby, etc. The Splawn cab stayed tight at stupid volumes, retained clarity even with darker settings, never flubbed or farted out, and sounded fuller at low volume.

^ I gotta look into those small blocks, heard nothing but good things about them.
To the OP, congrats on the amp, many hours of fun to come! :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back