NAD! Mesa MARK V (pic inside)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

byrdparis

Reaction score
I'm back playing guitar after 8 years of silence. since may this years I bought a great deal of guitars, amps and other related equipment. I think mainly to overcome some of "my lacking" in those wasted years J.
I was wanted to get a mark V from the beginning but something held back (money?\expectations) and I bought mostly marshall's till now…(I always adore them dearly)
I have got my mark V a week ago and I was playing thru him for several hours till now.
All I can say is WOW. This amp has some monster tone! No doubt!
One should need to hold his head for a while and do some tweaking to get to it- but folks, let me tell you it's there - in spades!
I'm truly fortunate to get it beside my marshall's and not instead of them, so I'm happy to play thru every one of them when I feel like it.
Here is some pix that I made last night {"played" with some color's to get it more interesting, not that I think it need it J)
Best to all of you and happy holidays!

markvbw_zps6e276dae.jpg

1_166560546_zps9e52af09-1_zps951682e7.jpg

That plexi would look nice sitting atop a 4x12 from Stone Age Cabs. Give John Wheeler a call. I mean, since you're buying top notch gear, you need the best cabinet made, right?

Jedro said:
That plexi would look nice sitting atop a 4x12 from Stone Age Cabs. Give John Wheeler a call. I mean, since you're buying top notch gear, you need the best cabinet made, right?

that plexi (YJM100) would look nice sitting even on a toilet chair :wink:

i didn't heard "Stone age cabs" ever.
i live in israel and i guess ordering one, fully loaded from john- will be very high $$ including shipping etc..
but thanks for the offer :)
anyway,
i really want to get the Mark V a cab for itself.
i found a second hand rec' vertical 2X12... but im sorry to say that i'm tapped out for now..:)

Congrats byrd!! You are truly set up for life with that arsenal of great amps!!
It seems you are making up for lost time nicely!! :mrgreen:

Congrats! Let me be the first to ask....How does it compare to the JVM410? Just curious. When looking for a three/four channel amp the MKV, Roadster and JVM410H was on my list.

Big_Al said:
Congrats! Let me be the first to ask....How does it compare to the JVM410? Just curious. When looking for a three/four channel amp the MKV, Roadster and JVM410H was on my list.

I think after a week or so with the Mark V and a couple of hours comparing it to the JVM, I figured it's an APPLES AND ORANGES!
No way can we do that. mainly because it's a very different sounds pallet all together.
Sure there are some cleans, crunch and HI gain rhythm and lead to both of them, but they react very differently in almost every aspect.

On the first day I've got the Mark V i though maybe i will sell my JVM in the near future... for not needed it.
You know, like you said - both are three\four channel amps, and capable for a great deals of sound.. But after a couple of days i realized that;
Marshall is Marshall (even if it's a modern one) and Mesa is mesa and they can't compete. cuz there is a lot of sound different in compare.

i think if you got nether, and want some of an high gain multi-channel amp like those... it's better that you ask yourself what kind of sounds do you look for to get?
Maybe names some bands that you like their tones and see from which amps they got it. then decide.
The JVM and the MARK V are both awesome heads!!!
I can't see how i can sell one and keep the other for now... maybe in the future i will figure it out if I'll need to do so.
{excuse me for my ENG}

Latest posts

Back