NAD: 1995 Dual Recto

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YellowJacket said:
My only regret about studying music is that I really don't get to play as much as I would like. (Ironic, huh?)

I have a friend who is very deep into his music theor studies and he sas the same thing.

YellowJacket said:
Sorry for the digression, your 2 channel Dual looks really rad. Hopefully you'll hold onto it for awhile . . . :wink:

ooooohhhhhhh funny guy!! :lol:

fluff191 said:
Yeah the SPax7 in this amp doesnt have the rubber around it. Probably cause it wont fit in the base of the tube shield thing (A regular EH tube wont fit in V1!!!).

If you ever want to sell a couple of those Chinese tubes you let me know. :wink:

Hell, I'll send you some for the cost of shipping.

I'll grab them this weekend when I'm at my parent's house and see just how many I have.

Excellent! My favorite 2 channel models, great price. Transitional headshell, and is that a red diffused jewel light cover? Those didn't normally ship in '95 (mostly on earlier ones), very cool.

I use an old Mesa Chinese SPAX7 in V1, too. In fact, I've went back to old Sovteks in the rest of the amp. They're perfect for Rectos. You can dial in Rev C to Rev E tones on there. Turn the bass down to around 9-10:00, put the presence up around 3:00 (no lie), mids around 11-12:00 and then adjust your treble to taste. Running no boost, get the gain around 2:00...you can easily run no boost that way if you want.

what was the normal color in 95?

And thanks for the tone tips!

I just picked up the Mesa oversized cab and man, the Marshall doesnt handle the Recto all that well. :shock:

fluff191 said:
what was the normal color in 95?

And thanks for the tone tips!

I just picked up the Mesa oversized cab and man, the Marshall doesnt handle the Recto all that well. :shock:

Haha, yeah...it's quite a difference between the Mesa and Marshall cabs. I like both for various reasons, but those Recto cabs really shine with Rectos.

Those jewel light covers came primarily in red back then (with the blue diffused ones being used on some chrome chassis models), but they started using the red jeweled ones like you see on Fender amps. The one from your pics looks like one of the earlier red diffused ones, same as the blue diffused ones...just red in color instead. They're completely smooth.

New style on left, old style on right.

IMG_0073.jpg

fluff191 said:
YellowJacket said:
My only regret about studying music is that I really don't get to play as much as I would like. (Ironic, huh?)

I have a friend who is very deep into his music theory studies and he sas the same thing.

I can't even imagine being a music theorist. I shake my fists at musicologists enough as it is. I figure I'll write sh!t and they can tell me what I am doing. If I'm not playing music, at least I am writing it instead of writing ABOUT it!

YellowJacket said:
Sorry for the digression, your 2 channel Dual looks really rad. Hopefully you'll hold onto it for awhile . . . :wink:

ooooohhhhhhh funny guy!! :lol:

You KNOW it's true!!

screamingdaisy said:
New style on left, old style on right.

IMG_0073.jpg

I had the original coke bottle 6L6 tubes and frost blue light cover when I got my head. I didn't like the frost cover so I got a blue jewel light for $0.10 instead. I also sold those chinese 6L6s for $100. I'm kicking myself now because that amp sounds best with the tubes it shipped with.

Congrats on the new amp (I never imagine you would sell your FJA Recto), those old rectos are an objective for all us boogie lovers. Thats my next objective right there but I want to keep my 3ch recto and get a blackface/chrome chassis too. Enjoy!

Latest posts

Back