My song got played on the radio DC-5 recording

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sixstringpsycho

Reaction score
My song "Masquerade" under my project Horizon's Dawn was played on the radio tonight. I am on cloud 9 to say the least. The song was recorded with my 1978 Gibson Les Paul and my Mesa DC-5 Combo, No effects.
check it out and tell me what you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-X8zJhCnX8

That's so cool! congrats getting on the radio... really good song. the vocals were great. I actually like the vocals better than the guitar parts, but the guitar sounded really good too. nice dry tone. have you ever tried it with a heavy distorted guitar interlude in it? like for a solo or one of the later verse/chorus? I kinda dig a ballad thats mellow and then gets angry and distorted for some contrast. thanks for sharing!

scott

Thanks for checking it out and the compliments. It's interesting you suggested a distorted interlude because we actually have a version where it goes heavy for the solo (completely different) and the final chorus then back to clean for the outro. We never recorded it. I always wanted to record a clean/electric with vocals only tune. I'm mainly a metal guy so the focus of HD has been to write different stuff. I'm glad you dug it.

Justin

Congrat on the airplay. Well done.

Enjoyed it. The lyrics and story telling were good.

If I can be a little critical.... the vocals seemed a little too up front and it seemd a compressor (overall) needed to be used more effectively. Some of the solo piece and a few passages of vocals seem to jump out a little too much dymanically. I understand that trying to get a balance between dynamics and compression for a ballad such as this is a task in itself.

Whichever way, it doesn't matter. You got played on radio! I wish I could!.... Band days and taking over ze world seems a long shot for me these days..... :lol:

Blaklynx said:
Congrat on the airplay. Well done.

Enjoyed it. The lyrics and story telling were good.

If I can be a little critical.... the vocals seemed a little too up front and it seemd a compressor (overall) needed to be used more effectively. Some of the solo piece and a few passages of vocals seem to jump out a little too much dymanically. I understand that trying to get a balance between dynamics and compression for a ballad such as this is a task in itself.

Whichever way, it doesn't matter. You got played on radio! I wish I could!.... Band days and taking over ze world seems a long shot for me these days..... :lol:

Great input and thank you. I'm enjoying it a ton. It's my first airplay so I'm gobbling it up

Back