My new summer love (Express 5:25)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trustee

Reaction score
I got my new toy for the summer in last week during finals. School is done today - graduation is set - life is good.
What a breath of fresh air from my Rectifier! Put it through the 1x12 Classic Cab and pure EL84 sweetness pumped from the V30. My guitars literally speak to me through this amp. Also sounds F'n HUGE! Enjoy. :)

mesa.jpg

Nice looking amp and color!

Could you please do me a favor? Could you unplug the input to the amp, turn the gain control on the clean channel up to 12 o'clock or so, and then just barely touch the gain control with your finger. Do you get a hum or buzz when you touch it that goes away when you remove your finger?

Thanks for doing this little test for me.

There is the obvious noise associated with the amp at higher gain/vol settings but nothing out of the ordinary. No change in the regular humming noise when i touch or tap. Sorry, maybe this is a problem with the combos.

My 5:25 combo has the hum/buzz when I touch the gain control on the clean channel, and Mesa Hollywood said to bring it in so they could make sure the gain pot was properly grounded to the chassis.

Very nice! I'd like to pair one of these rascals with my Rectoverb combo too.

Do you run a splitter to switch between heads?

I just put in a matched set of JJ EL84s and I must say WOW. Tone to the balls with my LP and Tele. I thought the stock ones were good, but these tubes have something special going on too. Sotto, I hope you get that sorted out.

KDS - no. The rect-o-verb is not playing played at all now :) After a fresh re-tube sometime early next month, I will be putting these two babies together. I'm already creaming in my pants thinking of how many excellent tones I will have at my finger tips. Simple whirlwind A/B switcher should do the trick.

sweet gas, wouldnt mind adding a 5:25 short chassis to my rig too, i use a solo 50 atm and from what i hear, the express series would compliment one prefectly :)

Latest posts

Back