My new rig!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teletalkin

Reaction score
Just bought this Mark I reissue head and the 112 cab loaded with a EVM12L from my local dealer. Lucky for me the dealer had the cab already in stock and when they called Mesa there was a MKI head ready for shipping. It arrived in one week and I just picked it up yesterday. What a monster of an amp and man is it loud. Hard to believe this much wattage is coming from this size rig. Looking forward to gigging with it soon.
MKI.jpg

Congrat man! You got a great amp. The first i tried in my whole life and the most powerful clean amp in the world. **** i love this amp, i'm seriously thinking about getting one for gigging too. :wink:

Thanks for the nice comments everyone. I've been playing the amp as much as I can since getting it Friday. What is interesting is that I had a MKI about 10 years ago that I didn't bond with very well. I bought it second hand and can't remember if it was an original or a reissue. It was a combo in one of Mesa's fancy wood cabs and it didn't have a EV the best I can recall. That amp sounded fine but my new one just has something special happening. It has been incredibly easy finding the tone I want and amazed at how much this amp can do. Stash49 I'm a huge Albert Collins and Albert Lee fan. My style I guess is a combination of both players. That is what I'm really liking about the MKI......it is easy to dial in both styles and so much more. From all the gain I could want to a VERY loud clean tone that is just awesome!!

teletalkin said:
Thanks for the nice comments everyone. I've been playing the amp as much as I can since getting it Friday. What is interesting is that I had a MKI about 10 years ago that I didn't bond with very well. I bought it second hand and can't remember if it was an original or a reissue. It was a combo in one of Mesa's fancy wood cabs and it didn't have a EV the best I can recall. That amp sounded fine but my new one just has something special happening. It has been incredibly easy finding the tone I want and amazed at how much this amp can do. Stash49 I'm a huge Albert Collins and Albert Lee fan. My style I guess is a combination of both players. That is what I'm really liking about the MKI......it is easy to dial in both styles and so much more. From all the gain I could want to a VERY loud clean tone that is just awesome!!

let's see a tele to go with it!

Latest posts

Back