My new Mark IV....and a Happy St. Paddy's Day

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

electrickn

Reaction score
I finally received my new Mark IV the other day (actually used...but to me....new,) and it came through my first band rehearsal tonight with flying colors. Hats off to the people on this board who offer their incite on a daily basis and make the learning curve on this amp (and other amps too) a little easier .....ohhhh and a belated Happy St. Patricks Day! from an actual Irishman!!! (Who happens to be from NY ..that's probably why I'm still up typing, we don't know when to shut up)
Cheers all!

Welcome to the family! Im happy you like it..let me insure you that you will like it even more :) Congrats man! :)

electrickn said:
from an actual Irishman!!! (Who happens to be from NY ..that's probably why I'm still up typing, we don't know when to shut up)
Cheers all!

If you were an actual Irishman you wouldnt call it Patty's :roll:

Congrats on the Mark IV. You have chosen to spend years being amazed day after day. Just remember that if at first you like something write it down. In fact, always write down any setting that you like. You will be amazed at how many there are in this amp.

voodoo_child said:
electrickn said:
from an actual Irishman!!! (Who happens to be from NY ..that's probably why I'm still up typing, we don't know when to shut up)
Cheers all!

If you were an actual Irishman you wouldnt call it Patty's :roll:

Thanks for pointing that out Voodoo, you kinda remind me of my 6th grade teacher; I'm still Irish though. I typed it like that because I just got home, and of course, drunk ( at least I think that's why, I don't really remember.)

To everyone else...I'll probably be playing around with some recordings in the next few weeks and I'll post them when I do. I've been sitting there with my Dual Rectifier and the MArk IV side by side, switching jacks every few riffs or so...The Mark IV is the sound I've been looking for, and it will now be part of my rig. I'm just not sure I want to get rid of the Rectifier like I thought I would ( in order to afford one, I told myself I'd sell the other.) It's a lot more limited than the Mark IV, but it does what it does well.

I have seen the Dual Rec as essentially a big stompbox. It can do what it does well and there is nothing else that can do what it does. I own a Mark IV and I was hoping to find an indirect route of getting Rec tone and distortion. Ther simply is no way to get there. I should have known before trying. I am now working on getting my 2 ch home.

Back