My new IIC+ Video tonight! Updated!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatbagg

Reaction score
Ok, so got my IIC+ today, and will be writing a review tonight on here, as well as posting a video of some cool tones...

Im thinking of doing a few different tunes...Ive got Comfortably numb, black night (J. Bonamassa), Glasgow kiss solo, Lines in the sand? (The un-official mesa cover!)or some freestyle jamming with no back track.

Let me know how youd rather hear it!

By the way...this tone-machine EXCEEDS the hype..holy ****....

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5CaM2-XqjeY&feature=plcp

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hy6Jom3CmRM&feature=plcp

As I am a fan of Dave Gilmour's playing and sound I would like to hear comfortably numb!Without any OD pedals just to hear the lead tone of the IIC+

Video should be done tomrrow! I wanted to do it tonight, but couldnt make the time with the camera!

The IIC+ is EASILY one of the most amazing things ever! I understand why it is so coveted. There is not another amp in the world that can do this, not even other marks. Its F****** amazing. Easily sitting on top of the coolest things ever to do in life...play a IIC+! I have no c omplaints! My next paragraph may seem like compaining, but it isnt, just being honest about the "other" side of this amp.

Anyhow...the Mark IIC+ is a very interesting amp...Its (to me) the fattest MArk series, the boldest maybe smoothest, but also the most "messy" or loose feeling to me. The noise level is pretty extreme, always a constant "shhhhhhhhh" in the background. Amp JUST came back from Mike B., and with the gain cranked on this amp, its just the nature of the beast. With the mark IV, you have to keep the bass really low, but can find a useable spot...with the IIC+, even with the bass at .5, it SO bassy it overrides any other frequency. Very messy for what I am used to...The mark Series goes in series from loosest, darkest sounds Mark IIC+, mark IV, mark V (tightest of the mark series).

Its like if mesa boogie made a signature amp for Eric Johnson. Very dark, ALMOST Dumbly if you dont metal it out...well, the dumble that dumble wishes it could have been! I cant say its better than the Mark IV, but surely as amazing, and perhaps the holy grail of the signature mesa mark series tone.

And by the way, NO, the V does not even come close to this sound. Is the V worse? NOPE. Just doesnt actually sound like a IIC+.

Amen my friend! All is said. A lot of people try to get the sound and a lot of people Think they have the sound... But nothing compares to this, Nothing.
If you have never play with a C+ you don't know what it is. I really love my other amps, but they don't sound like the C+.

Could you repost those links in a more normal way? For some reason on my computer they want me to load realplayer to view them. A proper youtube link won't have the m. before youtube.com, and not have the =plcp thing at the end. Thanks!

Edit - got it working - here's a link to one of them, you can get to the rest this way

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy6Jom3CmRM

BTW, it sounds great!

Oh, and the Two Rock demos sound great also - I also have a Ceriatone Dumble clone, and find that the Boogie and the Dumble complement each other well.

fatbagg said:
Video should be done tomrrow! I wanted to do it tonight, but couldnt make the time with the camera!

The IIC+ is EASILY one of the most amazing things ever! I understand why it is so coveted. There is not another amp in the world that can do this, not even other marks. Its F****** amazing. Easily sitting on top of the coolest things ever to do in life...play a IIC+! I have no c omplaints! My next paragraph may seem like compaining, but it isnt, just being honest about the "other" side of this amp.

Anyhow...the Mark IIC+ is a very interesting amp...Its (to me) the fattest MArk series, the boldest maybe smoothest, but also the most "messy" or loose feeling to me. The noise level is pretty extreme, always a constant "shhhhhhhhh" in the background. Amp JUST came back from Mike B., and with the gain cranked on this amp, its just the nature of the beast. With the mark IV, you have to keep the bass really low, but can find a useable spot...with the IIC+, even with the bass at .5, it SO bassy it overrides any other frequency. Very messy for what I am used to...The mark Series goes in series from loosest, darkest sounds Mark IIC+, mark IV, mark V (tightest of the mark series).

Its like if mesa boogie made a signature amp for Eric Johnson. Very dark, ALMOST Dumbly if you dont metal it out...well, the dumble that dumble wishes it could have been! I cant say its better than the Mark IV, but surely as amazing, and perhaps the holy grail of the signature mesa mark series tone.

And by the way, NO, the V does not even come close to this sound. Is the V worse? NOPE. Just doesnt actually sound like a IIC+.

Nice review. Once again proving it's not "hype" like many like to claim (especially those who have never played through one).
The the bold, smooth, and "messy"/ loose feeling you describe is the organic and dynamic nature of these amps.

fatbagg said:

Glad you dig it. There is so much more to a MKIIC than Metallica.

I like the cleans with a comp and ....gasp.... A Tele ! Ha!

Latest posts

Back