My new half back cabinets

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timv

Reaction score
I won this auction : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=019&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=290112688139&rd=1&rd=1
and got the cabinets today. I attached some pictures. I believe they were prop cabinets or something since all of the "speakers" do not have magnet or voice coil assemblies and look like they never did but I do now have 2 empty straight side half back cabinets for $100 and about $20 in gas. How would vintage 30's sound in one? Also, anyone looking for some dummy speakers? infinity ohms @ as much power as you want to use....
139_3938.jpg

139_3942.jpg

139_3954.jpg

139_3958.jpg

I was watching that auction. I was wondering what was wrong with them. I guess you found out. Those cones might be worth selling with the baskets. I am sure someone could use them to repair other speakers.

If you decide to get rid of one of the cabs let me know.

Some people have all the luck!!!!!!! Even without drivers that's a killer score. You know me; I say load them babies up with EV-12L's and go to tone heaven :)

Nice. I have been looking for a few Mesa 4x12 metal grill cabs for a while with no luck. 8)

Restless Rocks said:
Some people have all the luck!!!!!!! Even without drivers that's a killer score. You know me; I say load them babies up with EV-12L's and go to tone heaven :)

For sure...

You stole those cabs, empty or not. I'd suggest looking for 4 90 watt Black Shadows to start off, load them into one of the cabs, and then move up to 4 EVM 12L's later. Then load the EV's in the bottoms of both cabs.

p.s. The EVM 12L's are the same speakers they used for PA cabs.

I actually have one extra mc90 and 2 on there way so need one more for one cab and I was thinking of loading the v30's out of a framus cab I have into another and selling the framus cabinet, empty. Eventually, getting a couple ev's is the plan when I see them for reasonable prices. Anyone have any clue what I can do with the dummy speakers. Can those cones still be used? Also, what kind of speakers are they? The cone is flat without ridges and the basket is black. Eminence?

If you are looking for a cheaper route than EVM12Ls, you could check out Eminence Red white & Blues. I've heard they are a lot like the EVs, but a hair warmer/fatter.

That's what the Fuchs cabs are being loaded with now (and Andy's favorite speaker is the EV). I plan on getting a 1x12 with a RW&B to match my Fuchs modded head, when it comes in.

Back