My new F-50

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennq45

Reaction score
Tried a few amps today and actually liked this custom very red F-50 with a tan colored grill. Its not a current model but it sure sounded great.

I did do a complete re-tube on it with some Svetlanas and a Tung-Sol 12AX7 in V1. Sounds killa now.

...In person that is. Micing and record out are usually not a good judge of tone compared to hearing it in front of you. I listened anyway! Thanks for the link.

I'm the seemingly one guy who keeps trying to like the F-50 but walks away unimpressed. The clean channel is wonderful but the overdrive is lacking to my ears. Granted my comparison is to the Rectoverb overdrive which I like ALOT. I always found the F-30 to be more pleasing in the gain department to the F-50 but not quite as sparkly on the cleans. That being said. Tommi Inkila has some really nice clips of his F-50 on that Harmony Central link.

MusicManJP6 said:
...In person that is. Micing and record out are usually not a good judge of tone compared to hearing it in front of you. I listened anyway! Thanks for the link.

I've heard the same thing about the F-50s compared to the F-30s. The cleans on the 50 are supposed to be better while the gain on the 30 is supposed to be better. Interesting. I dig my F-30 and struggled a little with my clean channel at first, but I dig it now that i've tweaked it and gotten used to it. The tube change to JJ's made all the difference in the world for both channels.

Latest posts

Back