My new custom Roadster Head is here!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G.I.G.

Reaction score
After 2 months and 2 days, I finally got my custom ordered Roadster head today! I'm actually surprised I already received it considering it was a custom order and with the service bulletin they put out on the Roadsters. Below are some picks of the new toy!

PICT0380.jpg

PICT0381.jpg

PICT0379.jpg

PICT0378.jpg

PICT0383.jpg

I ordered this head with a solid black diamond plate front panel with brushed aluminum vents because I wasn't big into the looks of the stock head. The stock Roadster has actually grown on me but I'm glad I waited for the custom order. Plus I wanted a one-of-a-kind amp that no one else owns. :twisted:

I will post a more in-debth review once I get it dialed in and play it some more. So far it is everything I expected and more. The reverb delay when switching channels is hardly noticable and dosn't bother me at all. There is a pop when switching to channel 3 after you fire it up, but like the dual and triple rectos, it goes away after you cycle through it once. Everything sounds great so far, I just need to tweak it some more to get it right where I want it. I'm taking it to band practice this week so that will be the true test...I can't wait!

Congrats! :D

What cab are you using? I'm running mine through a 4x12 Rec Std...plenty of bass that's for sure! I've been thinking about trying a different cab.

BTW, nice collection you have there!

Thanks Scolli!

I use the traditional recto cabs with my amps. I prefer the tighter bass response of the traditional recto cabs over the standard recto cabs since Recto's have plenty of bass. Both are great sounding cabs though. I'm thinking of getting a Recto 2x12 cab at some point to save my back (I live on the third floor of my apartment building).

Guitarzan said:
That's a pretty amp!!!!

Thanks Guitarzan. I wanted the chrome chassis like the one in your avatar, but the Roadsters and Road Kings have aluminum chassis, not steel like on the Dual and Triple Rectos, so I couldn't get one with a chrome chassis. I'm not complaining though...

That's really cool looking and that room is awesome...........can't wait for my head to come in.

francric said:
Hey, what's the up charge for changing it like that?

It was a $159 upcharge for the solid black diamond plate. Basically the same as if you were going to do that to a Dual or Triple recto, or chrome diamond plate for a Road King. This is not a standard option however. I got a lot of push back from Mesa initially but after talking to my dealer who ended up talking to the production manager at Mesa, they agreed to do it for me.

Congrats on the new addition to the family & welcome to the "Roadster" Club. I'd also like to comment on the little amp in the middle of the pic:
Not many people know 'em but the 'ol Tube Driver's kick some serious ***! Eric Johnson on Tap!

peace,
-d

jesserides2005 said:
Congrats on the new addition to the family & welcome to the "Roadster" Club. I'd also like to comment on the little amp in the middle of the pic:
Not many people know 'em but the 'ol Tube Driver's kick some serious ***! Eric Johnson on Tap!

peace,
-d

Wow, I'm surprised someone caught that! I've had my Tube Works Tube Driver combo since I was sixteen. It was hand built here in Denver, Colorado. According to the place where I bought it, my amp was one of the first 100 built before they went to the black chassis with yellow lettering. It's not the high-gain beast that my recto's are, but it definitely howls! I think Eric Johnson still uses a Tube Driver pedal in his set-up.

That looks freakin' SICK DUDE!!!!! Awesome man!!!!!!!!!!!!! Black Diamond plate is the best IMO. It's just looks so menacing haha. Rock on bro, awesome score!

-AJH

Thanks AJH. Like I mentioned earlier, I wish I could have got the chrome chasis but the brushed aluminum vents sets it off pretty well. I can't wait to see it (and hear it) in action on stage!

G.I.G. said:
Thanks Scolli!

I use the traditional recto cabs with my amps. I prefer the tighter bass response of the traditional recto cabs over the standard recto cabs since Recto's have plenty of bass. Both are great sounding cabs though. I'm thinking of getting a Recto 2x12 cab at some point to save my back (I live on the third floor of my apartment building).

They make a ROADSTER 2x12 that I'm thinking about trying. Board member Fredster seems to like his (see link below). I had a Recto 2x12 and did not like it...sounded too muffled.

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=6498&start=0

scolli said:
They make a ROADSTER 2x12 that I'm thinking about trying. Board member Fredster seems to like his (see link below). I had a Recto 2x12 and did not like it...sounded too muffled.

'tis true. The Roadster cab is a big improvement over the Recto 2x12 for me. I didn't think the smaller size would make that much of a difference, but it really does. With the Recto 2x12, I never ran the bass much past 10:00, but now I find it up at 1:00 for ch. 4 modern.

BTW G.I.G. - nice job on the custom plate!

G.I.G. Wow! that is nice. It's cool that Mesa put on a full diamond plate front for you. Like you, I wish I could have aluminum chassis, but thats a small problem just as long as it sounds killer! which it will! HAHA :p

Congrats my brothaaaaaaa!!!

I'm jealous! That look is awesome!!!!!! I just got my head today. I'm suprised I ordered it mid september. First customer to buy one from the GC here in Sandy, UT. My friend hooked me up with a spare set of Mesa tubes. Yours looks so much cooler with the diff face.

Latest posts

Back