My MarkIV finally arrived ???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fpoon said:
You should expect nothing but amazing tones from the Mark IV so don't worry. You might not be as happy starting out because it takes a while to get use to the secrets of the amp but once you know what your doing you'll forget all about the triple rec.

The G-Force is pretty much similar to the G-Major except it has a few more effects, however they sound the same and some would even agree that the G-Major is better or good enough especially for the low cost ($500). The G-Force is $1,500 and with that money you could buy yourself a G-System which I hear is pretty good (Steve Vai use's it live).
The Rocktron Xpression I hear is also pretty good and it is even cheaper than the G-Major but I am in a 50/50 area where I can't decide which one to get yet (every review says they're both good).

Btw, what sound are you looking for that you expect from the Mark IV?

G-Force > G-Major. That comes from a G-Major owner. The AD/DA converters are substantially better in the G-Force, plus the build quality is far higher.

The G-Force has better sounding FX than the G-System too. Vai only used it for the Zappa does Zappa shows as far as I know. Hasn't he gone back to his regular G-Force setup now?

By the way, to the original poster, did they address the fact they sent you a Recto cab yet and not the Stiletto?

Random Hero said:
fpoon said:
You should expect nothing but amazing tones from the Mark IV so don't worry. You might not be as happy starting out because it takes a while to get use to the secrets of the amp but once you know what your doing you'll forget all about the triple rec.

The G-Force is pretty much similar to the G-Major except it has a few more effects, however they sound the same and some would even agree that the G-Major is better or good enough especially for the low cost ($500). The G-Force is $1,500 and with that money you could buy yourself a G-System which I hear is pretty good (Steve Vai use's it live).
The Rocktron Xpression I hear is also pretty good and it is even cheaper than the G-Major but I am in a 50/50 area where I can't decide which one to get yet (every review says they're both good).

G-Force > G-Major. That comes from a G-Major owner. The AD/DA converters are substantially better in the G-Force, plus the build quality is far higher.

The G-Force has better sounding FX than the G-System too. Vai only used it for the Zappa does Zappa shows as far as I know. Hasn't he gone back to his regular G-Force setup now?

By the way, to the original poster, did they address the fact they sent you a Recto cab yet and not the Stiletto?

Yes, I have a question about that also, Should I keep the recto cab with the MarkIV or should I go with the stiletto cab, The dealer that I have to drop the triple rec head off when i get my MarkIV has the stiletto cab now.
But basically if I want the stiletto cab i have to go drop this Recto cab off by the weekend or either keep it. I went and looked at it the other day its a slant cab also but just a little smaller then the REC cab but not by much.

fpoon said:

Really im just looking for a more darker, thicker , type distoration then the rec. I like playing old metallica, megadeth, and slayer. But i like to sit down and learn more complicated grooves, been working on glasgow kiss for sometime now. Ive been working on the triple rec to get closer to my tone by playing on spongy/vintage channel 3 with the gain up and presence lowered but it kinda flubbs out at higher volumes. Im thinking if it was tighter it would be close to what I want.

Latest posts

Back