My Mark IV is too much for my lame *** band

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Mesa amps are very responsive to your setting. if you have treble at 8 and bass at 7 and mid at 2 for example. you would have amost no attack (no mid) you would have a treble wich would sound a bit harsh and a flabby bass. (overdrive channel)

I had the Mids for the Lead channel on 7.

The amp sounded great, but had no punch because I just couldn't turn it up loud enough to let it breathe.

I really like the amp, but I've been playing some of my other amps this week and I really like some of my other amps much more. I have a Soldano Lucky 13 that is absolutely incredible, but it doesn't have a loop (I could always add one).

I think my DC sounds more full also and is so much easier to dial in a great tone.

As for R2, I think it's a matter of personal taste. It's ok, but I have other amps that do Blues tones so much better also.

I don't mean to diss my Mark IV, like I said, I love the options and the fact that this amp can get loud enough to kill small furry creatures. I do think that I could take a beat up DC-2 or 3 and add the Triode, Cathode Bias, and a few other mods and make an amp that could outpreform the Mark IV or the DC.

Besides, now that I've been married for 5 years, I tend to trade guitars and amps like I used to trade Girlfriends. :D

Latest posts

Back