My Mark IV is here!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

temps

Reaction score
My Mark IV got here today! Way earlier then I thought! Riffing on it for like the past hour with my Jackson SLSMG (EMG 81/85 actives) and Jackson Christian Olde Wolbers 7 string (EMG 707) and holy **** it rocks! It does not co-operate with my OD808 so I will probably be selling it too, and I can't figure out where I am supposed to plug the footswitch cable into just yet :D

WAY better then a Rectifier. Its got a retarded amount of gain, the clean channel is orgasmic, R2 is ehh but great for classic rock, and its just got soooo much articulation its amazing. There is way more nuance to the sound then there was with my dual rec. I wish I had gotten one to start with.

Only question I have, is how do I disable the reverb? It keeps rattling and stuff and everytime I play a really low note, I can hear something like a metallic clanging sound, and if I hit the amp or something with no input signal (guitar volume at zero) it'll make odd sounds even with the reverb at 0.

hi temps, it is always a pleasure to hear people like you who are happy with their new Mesa amp! And it makes me absolutely want a MarkIV too... :(
I'm sorry but i cannot help you with the reverb problem, I hope someone else will give you some suggestions... however i think that if you set the reverb knob at zero, it should be completely turned off. At least it works so with my Studio pre. However, when i've read MarkIV's review on harmony-central.com, i found out that many people were complaining about the reverb to be a bit noisy...
good luck

temps said:
My Mark IV got here today! Way earlier then I thought! Riffing on it for like the past hour with my Jackson SLSMG (EMG 81/85 actives) and Jackson Christian Olde Wolbers 7 string (EMG 707) and holy f%&# it rocks! It does not co-operate with my OD808 so I will probably be selling it too, and I can't figure out where I am supposed to plug the footswitch cable into just yet :D

WAY better then a Rectifier. Its got a retarded amount of gain, the clean channel is orgasmic, R2 is ehh but great for classic rock, and its just got soooo much articulation its amazing. There is way more nuance to the sound then there was with my dual rec. I wish I had gotten one to start with.

Only question I have, is how do I disable the reverb? It keeps rattling and stuff and everytime I play a really low note, I can hear something like a metallic clanging sound, and if I hit the amp or something with no input signal (guitar volume at zero) it'll make odd sounds even with the reverb at 0.

Welcome to the world of MKIV heaven!!

Can you describe the odd sound - is it the usual spring clang from a reverb or white noise - could be a microphonic valve?

At the rear of your chassis, in between your big transformer and power tubes is your input plug for your footswitch.

welshboogie said:
temps said:
My Mark IV got here today! Way earlier then I thought! Riffing on it for like the past hour with my Jackson SLSMG (EMG 81/85 actives) and Jackson Christian Olde Wolbers 7 string (EMG 707) and holy f%&# it rocks! It does not co-operate with my OD808 so I will probably be selling it too, and I can't figure out where I am supposed to plug the footswitch cable into just yet :D

Welcome to the world of MKIV heaven!!

Can you describe the odd sound - is it the usual spring clang from a reverb or white noise - could be a microphonic valve?

Spring clang describes it pretty good when I am playing, open B palm mutes will make this sound on top of the note, sounds a little odd. When nothing is playing it is more like white noise so I am going to grab a fresh set of tubes this weekend.

Hey Temps, Congrats dude. You might want to check and see if one of the springs in your reverb tank came loose from the transducer during shipping. Good Luck!

I have the wide head I think it is. It is the one that just says "Boogie" on it so I don't know if that makes it a A or a B. It still sounds modern as hell to me, it sounds great. I am also not sure if it is a wide head, but it has the mid gain/harmonics switch and the EQ on off switch right on the front and I always thought that was the difference between the wide and the short head.

I play it through a Rectifier standard 2x12 cab with vintage 30s.

I don't know where this reverb tank is since I didn't get the manual with the amp. Where should I be looking here?

Hey again Temps, you have a medium head. If you have two seperate effectls loops; you have an A. If you have one effect send and left/mono and right effects returns you have a B. You'll see coming down from the chassis a grey and white wire bundled together going down to the long rectangular metal box at the bottom of the case. The fan will be right over top of it and it will have four white rubber grommets with screws mounting it to the case. You will have to remove the four screws to gain access. Under the white cover you'll see long springs and you'll know right away if one or more of them are off the tiny hooks that hold them to the transducers. If you feel really uncomfortable doing this I'd recommend having a repair tech check it for you.

UsrName said:
temps said:
I play it through a Rectifier standard 2x12 cab with vintage 30s.

I bet that sounds massive!!!

that it does! It needs new tubes BAD though, these ones are squealing unbearably loud when I turn it up too much. But in this the little high volume playing I have done, it sounds CRAZY!

Yeah man, the Mark IV through the 2x12 Recto has insane bottom end especially with my ESP. :D How loud is it? Like an elephant roaring through Wal Mart on a Saturday while getting a dozen bicycle pegs shoved up its rear end!

Latest posts

Back