# My LSC has some Pop sound #

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PONGBLUES

Reaction score
is it nomal of the LSC that will have some pop sound when switch between 10w 50w and 100w
when I switch between 10w and 100w the pop sound is lounder than
switch between 10w to 50w or 50w to 100w

sorry for poor english

When you are switching the output wattage, you are engaging and disengaging power tubes, so I would think some uncontrolled output from those tubes would be expected while the elements in them stabilize with respect to eachother. Unless it's loud enough to cause damage to your ears or speakers, I wouldn't worry too much about it. You can also flip the amp into standby to mute it before you switch wattages.

I don't have a Lone Star, so I don't know for sure if this is normal behavior for these amps, someone else would be better suited to answer that question.

When I was shopping for my 5:50 the salesman put the amps (5:25, 5:50 and LSS) on standby before changing wattage.

I do the same myself. When I don't, there is a loud pop when switching from 5 watts to 50 watts.

I called Mesa about this awhile back and according to them, whenever you engage or dis-engage a tube pair, you'll get a little pop. Meaning going from 10-50 (LSC) or 5-15 (LSS) you should not get any pop. Anything between 100 (LSC) or 30 (LSS) to anything will pop a little. This is normal.

Latest posts

Back