My IIC+ has arrived!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mystidream

Reaction score
The UPS guy brought my IIC+ today. I spent a good hour or so taking the chassis out, retubing the amp, marveling over how clean it is, playing, messing with settings. I put some GT 12AX's in until I order my Mesa 12AX's. The original preamp tubes were what look to be vintage GE 12AX7's! This thing totally smokes. It even sounds amazing at low volumes. I'm still getting the hang of the push/pulls and whatnot, but I can honestly say this is the best purchase I've ever made gear-wise and this thing is never going anywhere. I'll end up selling my Mark IV before this ever goes anywhere! :D

I can't believe how clean this thing is. This is easily one of the cleanest Boogies I've ever seen, inside and out. The guy that owned this must have babied the crap outta this thing, because there's not even any dust inside the chassis! Enough rambling on my end, here are the pics I promised:
DSCN07560010.jpg

DSCN07570011.jpg

DSCN07580012.jpg

RSCN07500013.jpg

DSCN07460006.jpg

DSCN07430005.jpg

DSCN07420004.jpg

DSCN07410003.jpg

DSCN07390001.jpg

Congratulations and I agree, what a clean looking amp. Now all you need to do is get the Mk2C+ chassis into that hardwood head sheel and job done! :wink:
Ian

PRS-Ian said:
Congratulations and I agree, what a clean looking amp. Now all you need to do is get the Mk2C+ chassis into that hardwood head sheel and job done! :wink:
Ian

Haha, believe it or not, I was actually gonna do that today, but removing that chassis and stuff is a bit of work! I may eventually put it in the hardwood, but for now, I kinda like it in the black shell. 8)

What's the serial number? The Gain Boost on front panel leads me to believe it may be a C upgraded to C+. The caps look extremely new as well, so they may have been replaced at the time of the mod?

Ed or JVK would be the only ones to really know if it was upgraded looking at chassis pics

Elpelotero said:
What's the serial number? The Gain Boost on front panel leads me to believe it may be a C upgraded to C+. The caps look extremely new as well, so they may have been replaced at the time of the mod?

Ed or JVK would be the only ones to really know if it was upgraded looking at chassis pics

It was a IIC that was upgraded to a IIC+. The writing on the chassis that says "+ updated 2003" says it all. Mesa confirmed that it was a IIC that was upgraded to a IIC+ in 2003 when I called them. Also, it appears that it was a black dot head, that was then converted to a IIC+ because above the power cord, there's a dot and a plus.

mystidream said:
I spent a good hour or so taking the chassis out, retubing the amp, marveling over how clean it is, playing, messing with settings. I put some GT 12AX's in until I order my Mesa 12AX's. The original preamp tubes were what look to be vintage GE 12AX7's!

If you don't like or want the GE 12AX7's I'll buy them off your hands.

NWOFORLIF

nwoforlif said:
mystidream said:
I spent a good hour or so taking the chassis out, retubing the amp, marveling over how clean it is, playing, messing with settings. I put some GT 12AX's in until I order my Mesa 12AX's. The original preamp tubes were what look to be vintage GE 12AX7's!

If you don't like or want the GE 12AX7's I'll buy them off your hands.

NWOFORLIF

Shoot me a PM with what you're looking to pay if you want.

gts said:
chris_EIT said:
Ummm I'm going to assume that's a + update not t???
geez I can't get anything past you guys! ;-)

Btw congrats msytidreams.
Btw I vacilate between which I like more, the Original Simul C+ or the upgraded C > C+ 60/100.
So I got an A/B/Y switch so I can both at the same time :shock: :twisted: :lol: :lol: 8)

That's what I do lol, I run mine together.

Sterilizes all the local wildlife.

Platypus said:
Congrats, looks very clean.

How does she sound?

Thanks. she sounds heavenly. So much tighter and clearer than my Mark IV, and more brutal and sweeter at the same time. What an amazing amp! This baby's staying with me for life. I'm a believer now. Haha. :lol:

PRS-Ian said:
Ian

Exactly what I was gonna suggest! I always thought that Mark IVs looked a little weird in hardwood compared to IIs and IIIs in them. :)

Latest posts

Back