My frist Mesa Boogie Mark 3 head!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rex3live

Reaction score
I just traded in my Peavey 6505+ head to this marvelous monster Mesa Boogie Mark 3 head, with reverb. So far im still trying to learn to tweak this baby, the gain is so monster love it and clean is very fenderish or better. The only thing is switching from clean to heavy, im trying to figure it out how to balance it. I love it!!! :mrgreen:

Congrats, man! Welcome to the fam. :D

I just picked mine up a few weeks ago and as I've mentioned a million times around here already, it's probably one of the best amps I've ever owned.

You got Simulclass,GEQ, Reverb model right? Just curious--which stripe version?

All the Best,
~Nep~

Yeah it's simulclass with reverb and its working good. Its green stripes. All I notice is very loud. during. Rehearsal my volume was in 1 or pushed to 2 but two is really loud. Anyway I love it. I'm using Marshall 1960 4x12. I'm happy .

rex3live said:
Yeah it's simulclass with reverb and its working good. Its green stripes. All I notice is very loud. during. Rehearsal my volume was in 1 or pushed to 2 but two is really loud. Anyway I love it. I'm using Marshall 1960 4x12. I'm happy .

Sweet! I also use a Marshall 1960 4x12 cab loaded with Celestion G12-75s with my Mark III and my PRS guitars. I really like how tight the tone is while staying nice and crunchy but keeping those nice smooth leads. I mainly use the lead channel w/ a pinch of reverb (on the back) as my rhythm channel and use a boost if I want to shine a little...but I try not to use any distortion enhancing since the Mark has it all.

All the Best,
~Nep~

Hey bro, just wondering about your settings? Yeah we have both the same cab. Last night at the rehearsal i was still tweaking, tried all kinds of settings. it seems like i found my tone then my tech will tweak it again then boom another sweet tone again. Can you give me your settings and e.q please.

This was mine last nite.
Vol.=5
Treb= 4.5
bass=4
middle=5
master=5
lead=7.5
lead master=2
then my eq was totally crazy...its like in the lower lines. anyway thanks

By the way what tubes is in your Mark??? I use JJ's both power and pre. on V1 i use EH 12x7

rex3live said:
Hey bro, just wondering about your settings? Yeah we have both the same cab. Last night at the rehearsal i was still tweaking, tried all kinds of settings. it seems like i found my tone then my tech will tweak it again then boom another sweet tone again. Can you give me your settings and e.q please.

This was mine last nite.
Vol.=5
Treb= 4.5
bass=4
middle=5
master=5
lead=7.5
lead master=2
then my eq was totally crazy...its like in the lower lines. anyway thanks

Try these settings, you might like them. Crushing, round lead tone and crystal clear and fat clean tone.

Volume 6 - pulled
Treble 9 - pulled
Bass 2 - pulled
Middle 2
Master 1.5 to 2 at least
Lead Drive 8
Lead Master 6 - pulled

EQ - Set in V, but not too dramatic. Middle slider between middle and bottom lines. The two outside sliders are just at the top line. The 2nd and 4th sliders are just above the middle line.

Back