My first Mesa!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nite_Maresz_25

Reaction score
Thread title pretty much says it.
Last night I scored an F-50 head on eBay for a fraily good price IMO. My mom payed via paypal last night, so I don't know when exactly it'll get here, and being that my family is going on vacation today, that really blurrs any idea of when it might get her.For any other info see auction link(below) or just ask me.

Full Review when I get it and my cab(which I havn't ordered yet)

CLICK ME!!!

Sorry that this is a crappy write up, I haven't even bought anything big big let alone made a thread about it.

Congratulations! I've owned my F-50 combo for about a month or so. I think that you'll love your new amp. I bought mine as a consignment item from a local store out here. It looked and smelled brand new. It makes a warmer, louder, and better toned replacement for my Roland VGA-7. Playing through a synth pickup simply isn't as satisfying as the real deal. I didn't have the money to move up to a Lone Star Special or Lone Star, but I have no regrets. This is a great amp. What are you going to use for a speaker cabinet?

Congrats! What kind of cab are you thinking of? I've got a F50 1x12 and recently built a 2x12 for it...sounds really nice, but I also really like the amp with the stock C90.

Nice one!

Good price as well. Im not familiar with the F-50's tone, i'd be interested to know what cab you select as well.

Did anything come with the amp?

David.

I am 17y/o Australian (boogies are really expensive here) and i still remebr when i first got it 1 year ago, WELCOM TO THE CLUB! Man try and save to get a Boogie cab, YOU WON'T REGRET it :wink: post a reply when you play your first song on it and tell us all how it feels :wink:
But beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Once you play a Mesa theres no going back.

Michael said:
:wink: post a reply when you play your first song on it and tell us all how it feels :wink:
But beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Once you play a Mesa theres no going back.
Yeah, I already know this. I played my first Mesa (which was an f 30) around march-april.

do yourself a big favor and look at other cab manufacturers.

As somebody who loves (and actually sells for a living) Mesa amps, Id have to say their cabs are nice, but pretty overpriced.

no soul said:
do yourself a big favor and look at other cab manufacturers.

As somebody who loves (and actually sells for a living) Mesa amps, Id have to say their cabs are nice, but pretty overpriced.

Well, I'm going to get the 3/4back 1x12 cause its a really awesome cab (IMO) for a really good price (IMHO)

Well it got here yesterday.
here are some pics

ampfront.jpg

ampback.jpg

slipcover.jpg

footswitch.jpg

tubes.jpg

yay, i have a tube amp now!!

Oh and I'll be getting the 3/4back 1x12 cab tomorrow.

clips to come ASAP, school starts on monday, so that might be a problem.

I bought a nomad 45 a couple of months ago and I love it. I have been using it for live gigs and I can't believe the tone!! I'm hooked!

Latest posts

Back