My DC-3 died

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eweise

Reaction score
Sound comes out but at very low levels. Does this sound like a tube issue? If so, would it be the power or preamp tubes? It's weird, I've had this amp for about 8 years and it died the same week as my lonestar special(tube issue apparently).

Any insight is appreciated
-Eric

the tubes are only about 8 months old and they all seem to be lighting up. Does it mean the tubes are ok if they are lit?

Jump your effects loop with a patch cable. I have repaired a few of these where the FX mix pot went bad and the signal could not fully make it to the power amp. In both cases, the pot was bashed in. Try wiggling the FX mix pot as well.

first try to jump the fx loop. then go buy 1 12ax7, and systematically test all the preamp tubes so substitute first in v1, if that doesnt fix it put the old tube back and do v2, and so on and so forth. if that doesnt fix it, replace the power tubes and see if that changes anything. also make sure that the speaker mute switch isnt on if you have one

Back