My best rig ever

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dogn4u

Reaction score
So for the past 10-15 years, my rig/guitar collection has been refined...as opposed to radically changed. I notice a lot of old guys like myself on here - hopefully, by our 40's and 50's, we have begun a process of personal refinement, as well.

I am SO happy with this rig:

1995 USA Strat
>Mods: Gold Lace Sensors; faux shell oickguard

2004 Epiphone Les Paul "Elitist"
>Mods: chrome pickup rings rather than cracked plastic.

2003 USA Fender '52 Tele Re-issue
>Mods" Duncan Mini-humbucker" at neck position; pickguard to acommodate Duncan.
Gibson Hummingbird (2007 or so); Dean 12-string Maple-bodied acoustic. Schecter 4-string electric bass. Roland V-Drums. Pro Tools set-up w/MacBook Pro; 3.06 GHz; Langevin/Manley pre's, Mics bu Rode (tube) and AT (solid state).

AMPS: Boogie Transatlantic w/1X12 Celestion Blue AlNiCo; homemade solid alder cab.

1/4-4 watt Vox low powered EL84.

Tone? Heavenly!
Hope to figure out how to post pix later...

Rudi

I'm only 20 but I too am trying to refine my rig, rather than accumulate a bunch of crazy crap. I currently have an Express 5:25 head with a Boogafunk cab (Jensen C12K), Ibanez Xiphos, and CMATMODS Deluxe Signa Comp. I don't think I'm quite there though. Still got some searching to do. I'd love to see pics of your stuff.

Cool setup man... got any recordings to show off?

I like to keep my setups pretty simple as well... I always run straight in, and lately I've added in chorus to my FX loop to spice up my lead playing sometimes. It always baffles me how people are adding so many pedals to their signal chain when it's likely that the tone they are searching for is in the amp. And one thing I've really noticed from playing Boogie's for the last 4 or 5 years is that tone really is in the fingers.

Nah. No recordings just yet. Still working on an album but I gotta get some new glass for re amping. I think I want to add a small Fender Champion 600 to the rig just to spice it up.

Latest posts

Back