My 2:90 just died can anyone please help????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mercurialuk

Reaction score
Hello all my Mesa 2:90 just packed in when i went to turn it on,

Theres power in it with the lights comming on fine but none of the valves light up? and theres obviously no sound :(

Can anyone help? Something to do with the power supply in the 2:90? If anyone has diagrams,advice or anything it would be much appreciated!!!

Check the fuses in the back, and make sure you test them with a volt/ohm meter or continuity tester. Sometimes they look good and are still blown.

The circuit protection seems to be good on these amps(in my opinion)

I blew a fuse one time from a bad power tube it was so loud that I had to disassemble the fuse socket to clean out the broken glass and shrapnel.

Replaced the fuse and bingo no trouble since.

If one of your tubes died badly enough to take out a fuse...it might be a good idea to take the top off and make sure all screen grid resistors are in good shape. They are be the big resistors soldered to the sockets...one per tube. If one looks dark or different, it will likely need to be replaced.

If you are not comfortable doing this sort of thing, get it to someone who is.
If you put a good tube back in a bad socket, you'll be ordering another tube soon...

Good luck.

My 2:90 is in the very same conditions...

But I have it with someone who knows about this and as soon as he tell me what happenend I will tell you!!!

I bet it's a fuse.

It is that time of year, assuming you live in an area that you have already turned your heat on. This happens to me every year in the fall adn winter. I turn the heat on, the air gets dry, static electricity builds up, and I blow fuses in my 2:90.

I invested in a humidifier 3 yrs ago and keep it in the same room that I pratice in. As long as the room is regulated daily (READ: Wife doesn't turn off the humidifier) then I don't blow fuses.

Hope this helps.

- Dudley

Latest posts

Back