MXR EQs... 6-band compared to 10-band

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MusicManJP6

Reaction score
I used to have a 6-band EQ and although it helped my tone in some situations I was not OVERLY impressed with it for the most part (in the loop or in front). Is the 10-band that much better than the 6-band? Anyone owned both? Please share... I'm thinking of giving an EQ a try again...

Thanks.

-Adam

I haven't tried the 6 but i can tell you that the 10 band is great. The added volume and gain sliders allow it to be tweaked to precision.

I just got the 6 band a few days ago. It works great, but now I wish I had the level controls...

The most significant difference is in which specific frequencies the two effects allow you to control. If they don't govern the same frequencies, you will have to determine which set of frequencies you want control over and use the EQ which most closely matches your preferences.

I love the 10 band. Is the price difference that much ? The gain/volume sliders are great on the 10 band.

I THINK I've decided to replace my (broken) BOSS 6band EQ with a MXR 10 band EQ because it comes with a power supply. But I think I'm going to have to bring my amp in and try each of them. In theory a 6 band EQ could be better than a 10 band EQ (or more) if the 6band EQ happens to adjust the right frequency.

But they're not that much different. I think instead of 100 (boss) its 125 (mxr)

Latest posts

Back