Multiple delays

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As fas as I know there are 2 reasons

1) The delays are all set differently. Perhaps you need two different delay settings in the same song or different songs..... perhaps you're rich, have a record deal and no longer need to twist knobs on pedals - you just buy new ones.

2) I read that Joe Satriani staggers his delays to get reverb like ambiance (It's on guitar geek also - I'd link it if I knew how). I'm pretty sure that to do this you'd need to run the delays in parallel. Otherwise you're just further delaying a delayed signal. You could use a multi tap delay which is kinda like running 2 delays at the same time - it sounds awesome in stereo too!

I use a Yamaha UD Stomp which has eight delays all in one pedal. It's an amazing tool. Not only can you vary delay time on each channel, but you can also pan each of those channels to place it anywhere you want in the stereo field as well as creating several efx other than just delay (chorus,flange, etc).

David.W said:
Any idea why some guys do this on there pedal board. Like Having 3 delay units in a row?

For example

different settings on each one, in borland's case. a lot of guys will use completely different delay pedals for clean and dirty.

I used to use a delay pedal in addition to the multifx unit I was using at the time-- it was a really cheap, crappy digital pedal that I got at a pawn shop. I don't remember what brand it was; I don't even think if it *had* a brand. On the right settings it would get horribly confused, start going WHAMWHAMWHAMWHAM like a chopper in slow-mo, and not take any more input.

so, naturally, I wanted to have that effect handy... I never used it as a delay pedal because it sounded like s**t.

Back