Multi effect pedal board

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PHYX

Reaction score
I'm looking for a multi effect pedal board for myself. I like my Mesa sound but like to add only effects. Again when playing at home I like to put the head phones on so I don't wake up the family. Also just in case my amp goes bad I can plug the board into the main and keep banging away. I like the Boss ME-50 but is there anything else out there that can give me a little more and a better sound. I want something that's easy to program also.
Thanks!
Jim

I like my Mesa sound but like to add only effects

but then you say

in case my amp goes bad I can plug the board into the main and keep banging away

If your looking for effects only i would recommend the G-system, once you get the hang of it its awesome. There are other things similar to it like the G-force and G-major which are both racks but there cheaper.

If your looking to improve on the ME-50 then i suppose you could look at the GT-6 which is just a bigger ME-50, im not sure if the actual effects and amps are much better.

Regarding the g-system- its easy to program but takes a little time to get the most out of it. I still havent but its much better than when i first bought it. Having used the ME-50 a few years ago its nothing quite like that in simplicity. I remember demoing the old Gt-6 before i bought the ME-50 and my main reason for opting for the me-50 was that i didnt need to use those menu's and the gt6 had lots of effects which i felt were pointless, it didnt actually sound better. However i think Boss has un updated version of the GT6 so i dont know how that compares.

The G- :shock: Sysytem is great but I went with the Boss GT-8 pedal board. I was going to get the Boss Pro but didn't what to add a rack. Thanks for the input.
Jim

PHYX said:
The G- :shock: Sysytem is great but I went with the Boss GT-8 pedal board. I was going to get the Boss Pro but didn't what to add a rack. Thanks for the input.
Jim

How are you liking the gt8?? i'm also looking at an all in one solution for just effects with my roadster and have had my eyes on the gt8 as well as the vox tonelab se, zoom g9.2 tt, etc. not too keen on all the amp modelers because i dont have any use for them but would like something with a bunch of good effects..... if i had money for the gsystem i would have bought it or an axe fx by now.... also looking into the gmajor but the floor processors would help me kill two birds with one stone as it can double as my midi controller for my amp gizmo

I'm looking at getting an ME-50, do you guys have any problems with it's sound or effects, or did you just want to upgrade to other things. I don't want to get any of the Gt's because of the amp modeling, I simply don't need it when I have the best amp for my music right at my fingertips. I was just interested to see if the ME-50 is usable has a decent sound (not looking for studio-rack $6000 effects sounds, just some good ones that can be used in a live application). Thanks

-AJH

MesaENGR412 said:
I'm looking at getting an ME-50, do you guys have any problems with it's sound or effects, or did you just want to upgrade to other things. I don't want to get any of the Gt's because of the amp modeling, I simply don't need it when I have the best amp for my music right at my fingertips. I was just interested to see if the ME-50 is usable has a decent sound (not looking for studio-rack $6000 effects sounds, just some good ones that can be used in a live application). Thanks

-AJH

The ME-50 is very good on the effects side of it. I liked it because I could also just put the head phones on and play with it without using my great amp. Now for the GT-8, the sounds are a little better plus you can do a ton of things with it from amp modeling which I don't do very much and the effects are studio qaulity. You can't go wrong with either but I do like the GT-8 better than the ME-50. I just got it and haven't aced all the set ups yet but the pre-set ups that's loaded in this are pretty good.
Jim

jdurso said:
PHYX said:
Jim

How are you liking the gt8?? i'm also looking at an all in one solution for just effects with my roadster and have had my eyes on the gt8 as well as the vox tonelab se, zoom g9.2 tt, etc. not too keen on all the amp modelers because i dont have any use for them but would like something with a bunch of good effects..... if i had money for the gsystem i would have bought it or an axe fx by now.... also looking into the gmajor but the floor processors would help me kill two birds with one stone as it can double as my midi controller for my amp gizmo

Haven't got a alot of playing time with this but I can tell you that the GT-8 has very good effects from it and you can by-pass the amp modeling if you what only effects. There's some good amp modeling in this pedal also. Yes, you can't beat the sound from my Mark IV but once in a while you might need that little change. I use the head phone jack a lot to practice at home and you can also run the direct out and play through your mains. Again, I haven't aced it yet but I know it will work fine on the road or in the studio. Built like a tank.
Jim

Latest posts

Back