MS-12 vs EVM12L

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rarebitusa

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
So for those who have had both... really curious how different the MS-12 is vs the EVMs. Most of what I can gather is that they are very similar. Unfortunately not alot of clip examples out there to sample. Eminence says the closest to what they made for Mesa is the Delta Pro 12a which is marketed as EVM like. I already have a number of EVMs which I do like with Marks but not looking to duplicate. So just wondering if they are worth GASn'g over. :unsure:

Have not used an EVM-12L but understand it is more open/clear than the MS-12. Perhaps more high end. I have an MS-12 in a Mark IIA and think it’s a great speaker. With either speaker, consider the weight!

MS-12s seem to be rarer than EVM-12Ls so it may be hard to find one. Could be worth trying the Eminence EM12 and neo version, or the WGS version. And some Webber models that are EVM like.

I like the Tone Tubby Winterland in my MKIIA (60W amp). They make newer models that can handle 100W+, rather expensive. None of them are supposed to be like an MS-12 or EVM but could be interesting.

Others on this forum may have used both and would be able to answer your question.

The MS-12 is my favorite speaker to use with a c+. I also have EV's in some of the c+ combos. The EV can be a little sterile and hifi sounding. It adds very little coloration and reproduces pretty much what you put through it. The MS-12 is a little warmer and kinda smears the Mids. They pair nicely together in a 2x12 cab. Both are heavy speakers so a combo can weigh around 60 pounds. Forget trying to lift an EV loaded 4x12 unless you own a forklift!

So for those who have had both... really curious how different the MS-12 is vs the EVMs. Most of what I can gather is that they are very similar. Unfortunately not alot of clip examples out there to sample. Eminence says the closest to what they made for Mesa is the Delta Pro 12a which is marketed as EVM like. I already have a number of EVMs which I do like with Marks but not looking to duplicate. So just wondering if they are worth GASn'g over. :unsure:
I loved the MS-12 I had at one time. I am seeking one now. I wish I would've never gotten rid of it 15 years ago. If you find one and don't want it send it my way... PLEASE

Back