Mrk III mods

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shai`tan

Reaction score
In a month or so I am sending my `90s Mrk III hardwood Simul-Class to Boogie for a tuneup. The 2 things I have read about in searches are a "cap job", and the R2 volume knob mod. This combo already sports the "R" underneath the power cord at the back, so I am assuming the Reverb mod has been done.

Is there anything I missed as far as possible mods to do for this amp? Thx muchly.

Hopefully others who had work done will chime in here...

I, too, was interested in modding the MKIII...I spoke with Mike Bendinelli for about 45 minutes one afternoon, and decided that mods weren't gonna do it for me. Mike B. is a real easy to talk to and helpful. Great guy, and he sure knows his Boogies.

There are a number of mods that can be done to MK III's. All my amps have the following mods:
Reverb boost, this is a 2 part mod. Part 1 gives you a bit more reverb. Part 2 gives you a lot more reverb, and can also shape the tone of the reverb.
Rhythm 2 master, this gives you a master for Rhythm 2 mode
Gain boost in lead channel, gives you more gain in the lead channel
C+ mod, makes the amp sound as much like a MK IIC+ as possible. I believe this done in the pre amp section.
There may be others but this is all I'm aware of. Mike Bendinelli is the guy to talk to on this subject. He's the best.

Very interesting. How do you contact Mike Bendinelli? I am interested in a few of those mods myself, the reverb and R2 mods that is.

MkIII Renegade said:
Very interesting. How do you contact Mike Bendinelli? I am interested in a few of those mods myself, the reverb and R2 mods that is.

Call Mesa, ask to speak with Mike B :D

Wanna hear a cool mod? A variac switch in place of the on off switch. This will be a 3 position switch, on/"tweed"/off.This will "brown" your amp down, and make class A sound awesome, the clean will have real fender breakup, R2 will assume better JTM vibe, and lead will scream! I was told by Boogie that it would be around $250..
But if they're already in the amp, it may be cheaper...
ax. :twisted:

Years ago I brought my amp into Zone Music in Cotati, ca and they sent it to Mike's repair shop . I think it was called something like Deaf Ear amp repair or something like it. Anyone know where it is or the phone number? I have an original Mk I that can use a major tune up, sounds pretty enemic lately.

Latest posts

Back