More questions about my new rectifier... sorry lol

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bag

Reaction score
Yeah, so you guys have probably seen all my posts about my new/old Dual Rectifier... I have a couple more questions...

I think it might be my cab but I'm so confused... it just seems like I'm turning my bass up more and more and more... it's sitting at about 3 o clock right now and it just doesn't seem to chunk like it did weeks before when I had first bought it. I have a Marshal 1960av with vintage 30's

I know it's broad but... any ideas??

bag said:
Yeah, so you guys have probably seen all my posts about my new/old Dual Rectifier... I have a couple more questions...

I think it might be my cab but I'm so confused... it just seems like I'm turning my bass up more and more and more... it's sitting at about 3 o clock right now and it just doesn't seem to chunk like it did weeks before when I had first bought it. I have a Marshal 1960av with vintage 30's

hmm well before u start askin bout the cab, first being that ur sayings its new/old im guessing its used. is it 2ch or 3ch recto and what kind of recto is it ? and how old is it?

im kinda guessin ur tubes are shot but thats just an asumption.

did the seller retube it before u bought it? cuz even new tubes can die or burnout right after a retube.

if your positive its not the tubes. are you running active pickups ? have you changed out ur battery recently? are u running any pedals by 9v? could they be dead?

Only reason i ask these questions is im doubtful that ur speakers or ur cab would cause you to lose bass in a few weeks that just doesnt happen. :lol: get back to me and elaborate sum what on ur amp and ur setup ....kthxbai

nitrous2400 said:
bag said:

hmm well before u start askin bout the cab, first being that ur sayings its new/old im guessing its used. is it 2ch or 3ch recto and what kind of recto is it ? and how old is it?

im kinda guessin ur tubes are shot but thats just an asumption.

did the seller retube it before u bought it? cuz even new tubes can die or burnout right after a retube.

if your positive its not the tubes. are you running active pickups ? have you changed out ur battery recently? are u running any pedals by 9v? could they be dead?

Only reason i ask these questions is im doubtful that ur speakers or ur cab would cause you to lose bass in a few weeks that just doesnt happen. :lol: get back to me and elaborate sum what on ur amp and ur setup ....kthxbai

I'm not sure how old it is, I'm not sure how check either. It's a 3 channel Dual.

He said he retubed it before he sold, and he also gave me an extra set of 6l6's

No, I'm not running active pickups, I've got a Burstbucker pro in the Bridge. As for the pedals, I've got a Furman pedalboard and they're all being run off that.

also, I read in another topic on her someone wrote about Duals blowing fuses and you suggested to bring it to an approved mesa tech... how would I go about finding one? Considering it is a used head, I'd like to bring it down to someone who knows exactly what's going on and look at the entire thing to find anything wrong with it.

bag said:
I'm not sure how old it is, I'm not sure how check either. It's a 3 channel Dual.

He said he retubed it before he sold, and he also gave me an extra set of 6l6's

No, I'm not running active pickups, I've got a Burstbucker pro in the Bridge. As for the pedals, I've got a Furman pedalboard and they're all being run off that.

i would try and see if you have a bad tube on its way out or sumtin, very often sum1 can retube an amp and the new tube can take a **** or be a dudd/defect and not work properly. id say test out the amp comparing which 6l6 is the bad one and see if that fixes it, bein that you have an extra set. im hopin that the extra set is new or rather still workin :lol: . idk its kinda wierd if he just had a retube done that hed still have extra tubes. :lol:

bag said:
also, I read in another topic on her someone wrote about Duals blowing fuses and you suggested to bring it to an approved mesa tech... how would I go about finding one? Considering it is a used head, I'd like to bring it down to someone who knows exactly what's going on and look at the entire thing to find anything wrong with it.

If you have the instruction manual, there is a packet that is normally in the same folder, and it has mesa approved techs in it about 6 pages if i remember right. If the buyer didnt give it to you, u can check on mesa's site there should be a page for it if im not mistaken. otherwise call up mesa tech support and they can let you know of one in your area. I doubt theres a major issue if your not blowing fuses but if there is the cost of the repair is free if teh heads within its 5yr warranty :) but if theres no problem the tech'll prob charge u 50-100 bux for a bench fee and tubes if u need them ... im really thinkin its just a set of tubes away from makin u back to a happy dude honestly. You can check out dougs tubes for retube kits u dont necessarily have to use mesa tubes but they are very reliable and last awhile, other tubes winged c's, jj/tesla, ruby are also very good :D

ok... tried a diffeent guitar... sounds great! I was playing a lower end Gibson SG with Burtbuckers... now I'm playing a higher end Gibson Les Paul with a 498T in the bridge... wow... what a difference

Back