Monsta tone dc5

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dbyer1

Reaction score
Well the amp got here and all I can say is SWEET. If you have a DC5 and want it to sound awesome get with Andy I think this was his personal amp and it rocks, clean channel great and lead channel more than enough for any thing. I played some slayer through it and Danzig and it is super sweet

Andy's work is simply flawless . . .

im used to say that i have 2 amp techs: one is 300 miles away and the other is 5.000!! :D

he sold me a DC3 modded that's wonderfull (ive already sold it but to make money, nothing more else).

I still have the Blue Angel 2x10' that he sold me awhile back that also has his voodoo magic (he modded it that she now have a "gain" switch where the bright switch used to be and change the bright circuit also . . . sweetest than any Fender DR around.

another MT modded DC 3 is on its way down to the tropics (and maybe a IV too). still have the modded v'twin also and . . . and . . . c'mon Andy, stop doing that black magic of yours!!!! :mrgreen:

Andy is not only a very knowledgeable tech, but also a cool guy to talk. He is one hell of a GREAT person. 8)

Yep if I had the money a dual recto would be on its way to him but I do not have the money for a dual recto maybe in the future I love my dc5 it has a bad preamp tube and let me say this Andy sent a spare, but I have some jj ecc83hgs on the way and Andy said he thought that was a good choice for the amp. Also about the amp never gets past 7 on the gain it is sweet

Also about the amp never gets past 7 on the gain it is sweet

:twisted: You should run it on 10!!!!!! :twisted:

Thanks Glauco, and glad you like the amp Daniel!

Here's the list of mods that you asked for:
Better Cleans - More bass and sparkle, sounds pretty Fender like!
Replace all Xicon coupling and tone caps with Orange Drops
Replace all ceramic disk caps in signal path with Silver Mica
MORE GAIN on lead channel - I added as much gain as I could without making the amp mushy or flubby
Blanket Removal Mod - Same as Mud Mod for the Nomads
Series Loop
Output Volume Mod - w/push-pull pot. I actually like the amp much more with the pot pulled out (stock Output Volume circuit)

I'm sure that I did a few other things, but can't remember right now.
I used that amp, a Rev. G Dual Rec head, and a Rectoverb 2 on our cd.
I love the lead tone on the DC with the following settings:
Gain - 8-9
Treb - 6
Mids - 6
Bass - 8
Pres - 8-9
Verb - 0
Mast - 3
Output - 3
So much sustain and the notes just seem to grow bigger as you hold them longer! Harmonics are great too!

Did not know about the master volume mod got the jj ecc83 in today man the gain on the clean channel is sweet to

Tried the settings you suggest and you are right this thing is a monster

Back