Mods for ROV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kylendm

Reaction score
Just curious if there are any known mods for the ROV Series 1. I just got one and it's pretty cool. Just curious what could be done to the amp.

If you cut your presence all the way out then that mod won't do you any good. You can also swap the gain pot out for a 500k or 1Meg ohm pot. This will open up the gain considerably. A bias mod will allow you to run any octal base power tube in the amp and run them at their optimum bias for optimum tone.

So I tried the amp at practice and I got some pretty harsh tones out of it compared to my Baron K88. I think the Power tubes were being pushed to hard. Might do a bias mod and throw KT88s in it. What does the presence mod actually do though?

The presence mod would cut down on the amount of usable presence since you would change the value of the pot (i.e if your using the presence knob)
What kind of tubes were you running?

Running 6L6s in it. I want to do the bias mod and throw two KT88s in there since I don't like power tube distortion. When I turn the amp up at high levels it's got the power tube distortion going on which isn't the best for the metal I'm playing which is fast and tight.

Latest posts

Back