Mod to reduce mids on Studio 22 plus?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ngteleblues

Reaction score
Anyone know how to reduce mids (clean channel) on a Studio 22 Plus? I have tried a few speakers I had in including a EV Thiel cab. I would like the cleans to be more fender like in the midrange.

I put a Black Shadow MC90 into my plus, and it immediately brought out a more Fenderesque sound, and opened up the reverb too. It is a midrangey amp by nature, I don't know about a mod that would do the trick. But the speaker changeout really helped.

i don't there's any point in modifying the tone circuit to any amp.if you don't like it sell it and buy smth else.even if the eq works perfectly,the amp has lots of midrange as someone told before.i think you should tweak it a little more,if yours has the eq ,and if you don't get any result with this....sell it?!
by the way,what guitar are you using?
i have a basswood prestige ibanez,so my mids are very very present in the tone,and still i find that very musical:)
try and experiment more!
have a nice day

The 22 is very responsive to whatever guitar you are playing. I have had great luck with Fender guitars after changing out speakers, getting killer cleans and especially good jazz/blues tone-The amp also is quite sensitive to tone control changes, The treble control especially acts as a boost when above '7'-I generally start at 5 on each setting and move accordingly. Pull out the mids a bit. I still am not sure I like the gain channel that much-too much honk-really needs to be cranked for best tone, whereas the cleans sound really good at low volume.

Gee, I thought tweaking and modding was what this sort of forum was all about. I am familiar with some simple and reversable mods for traditional fender amps, which I have done. I have owned several Boogies but I am not familiar with the circuits, I thought maybe there was a simple cap swap or something......

I put a Weber alnico Blue Dog in my studio 22. I noticed a more Fender-ish chime immediately. Its worth a try.

Latest posts

Back