MKV Tweed sound in Triaxis?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oyrgawd

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm loving my Mark V; mostly the tweed mode and the MKII+ mode. There's a local guy looking to trade his Triaxis/2:90 setup for a MKV head. I'm a little tempted by the possibility to have lots of fine-tuned versions of my main breaking-up sound (for different pickups, fingers vs. pick), but I'm wondering: does the Triaxis have anything very close to the MkV Tweed mode? Or even the MkIV R2?
Thanks experts!

Yes, you will be able to get the exact tones out of the Triaxis as you would from the Mark V.

In my opinion, the Mark V is basically a non-midified TRIAXIS/2:Ninety set up.

Very intriguing...
I suppose I could always sell/swap back to a MkV if I don't like it. Th prospect of cloning and tweaking the Tweed channel is really compelling.
Are program changes instantaneous? Like you could pop one in the middle of a sustaining chord without dropout?

MesaGod666 said:
Yes, you will be able to get the exact tones out of the Triaxis as you would from the Mark V.

In my opinion, the Mark V is basically a non-midified TRIAXIS/2:Ninety set up.

So you don't feel the Mark V brings anything new to the table? I've heard Tweed mode specifically is the most expression version of this tone in any Mesa amp.

It's my opinion that an amps tone is only have pre-amp anyway. The power section is just as key, and the 10 watt mode of the mark V is where Tweed really shines IMO.

I don't own a Triaxis so by default my opinion doens't weigh as much, just saying.

In full disclosure, there is no clean mode on the Triaxis that is labeled "Tweed". If you're expecting that, you'll be disappointed.

The Triaxis has two clean modes...R1Green and R1Yellow. Green is fatter and fuller yet still bright (classic Fender). Yellow is skinnier and spankier. There's a ton of room for adjustments within those two modes, but if there's a specific "Tweed" sound that you want, you might have to dig in.

I concur with the reply that the power amp is very important in a clean sound.

Chip

Hey Chip, I actually use LD1 Green for my Tweed sound. I couldn't quite get there with the clean modes. I just turn the drive down pretty low and tweak it with the tone and presence knobs. Has a nice clean feel with the right amount of break up for my needs.

Thanks all. I decided to stick with my simple-only-compared-to-the-Triaxis Mark V. It would've upset my playing to geeking balance.

Latest posts

Back