MKV Combo in the studio?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thalweg

Reaction score
Hi Everyone:

I'm about to pull the trigger on a MKV Combo primarily for studio work and the occasional live performance.

My biggest concern is the fan. Is the fan an automatic sensor based or is it primarily just off or on. I'd likely be recording using the 10w or 45 w functions.

Any other recording engineers using the MKV combo in the studio. Can anyone offer some suggests tips things to be aware of or concerned about?

Thank-you Kindly.

The Fan has an on/off switch. The switch is on the back on the head/combo for silent operation with studios in mind..

:D

thalweg said:
Hi Everyone:

I'm about to pull the trigger on a MKV Combo primarily for studio work and the occasional live performance.

My biggest concern is the fan. Is the fan an automatic sensor based or is it primarily just off or on. I'd likely be recording using the 10w or 45 w functions.

Any other recording engineers using the MKV combo in the studio. Can anyone offer some suggests tips things to be aware of or concerned about?

Thank-you Kindly.

There's a switch you can use to shut the fan off.

Thanks Guys...when the fan is on...is it loud? Same as a tower computer fan roughly?

I have to practically stick my head in the thing to hear if the fan is on or not.

Awesome! precisely what I wanted to hear...or rather NOT hear!

Thanks a ton.

Cheers

You know there is a switch at the back to turn it of.

The funny thing is I can't convinced myself that it is useless in such or such situation. How would you decide when it's safe to turn it off.

My V runs really cool in normal situations. I think the fan is there as the Manual states , to extend the life of your tubes. The only time I have seen my amp get warm is an outside gig in the sun at about 80 or 90 out. So I think the fan is a precautionary measure rather than a nessesity. Turn it off if in the studio if you like..I don't think it will fry...PS did several studio dates..never turned mine off. nobody noticed.

Latest posts

Back