MKIVB Widebody + Thiele Question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welshboogie

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

If I am using Stereo FX hooked up to the Stereo Send/Returns on the back of the amp, and I have a Thiele Cab hanging off the rig as well, will the Thiele act as a Stereo cab - i.e will Stereo Delays pan between the 2?

I have a Mark IVb widebody also. The leads going to the speakers in mine are mono.

Have you seen the writeup in the manual about 'going stereo'? Their illustration uses Mesa's Satellite powered speakers.

If you need a copy, here is the link: http://www.mesaboogie.com/manuals/Mark%204.pdf

Thanks bg,

Yeah, I have seen that, but I'm wondering if I actually need a 2nd powered satellite combo to get the correct stereo delay panning or would a Thiele/ext cab hanging off the 2nd speaker out combined with the Stereo FX returns give me what I need..

Don't fancy lugging 2 MB combos around :mrgreen:

No, the Mk IV only has a mono power amp, so if you want stereo, you need another power amp. The stereo returns for the fx loop only allows you to send one signal to another amp (via buffered Satellite out).

welshboogie said:
Thanks bg,

Yeah, I have seen that, but I'm wondering if I actually need a 2nd powered satellite combo to get the correct stereo delay panning or would a Thiele/ext cab hanging off the 2nd speaker out combined with the Stereo FX returns give me what I need..

Don't fancy lugging 2 MB combos around :mrgreen:

No. Like Cho said you need another amp. You can hookup your combo amp to 10 speakers and you'll still be mono. I can run stereo if I want because I have a IIC+ combo and an Electra Dyne combo. You could get a head and throw it on the Thiele and run it in stereo with the combo.

Back