MKIV on the way YES!!!!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamme61

Reaction score
After spending the last month trying out the LS, LSs, Stiletto,Roadster, and Road king I, I pulled the trigger on a Mark IV combo. The MKIV really knocked me out tone wise. the only other Mesa that came close, was the LS. The clarity of the MKIV is fantastic and I'm a real sucker for that Santana lead sound. Tried to love the Roadster, but only really liked the 1st channel. If the roadster had more of the 1st channel in the other channels I would be in love. When I started my quest, I was not even considering the MKIV. I just plugged in, out of curiosity. Great amp for me.

Congrats! I'm very close to getting one as well in a week or two. Did you get the compact or widebody? Any customization? Let us know how the test phase goes.

Cheers!

Congrats! I really wanted a head, but a combo was what they had. I got a widebody combo (which is what they had in stk) it has no options but I can't afford any extras. I should get it by Tuesday. I'm like a little kid, about this amp. I went to the store two days in a row and played the amp, till they threw me out lol. At first I was having a hard time with channel 2. I want 2 to be my rythm, marshall kind of sound. I was able to get 2 good for rythm, but it will be the Fender flavor, more then Marshall(and that's fine) I have a 67 blackface fender bassman that reminds me of the MKIV on channel 1 and 2. I love the way the notes jump out of the MKIV awesome tone IMHO. What one did you get? Let me know how you like yours when you get it.

I'm looking for the right deal right now as I'll be going used. I've got my eye on a compact combo right now. I figure the head and combo are usually the same price, so why not get an extra speaker out of it. I've got a 2x12 cab if I need a fuller sound. I'm also considering the medium head, but if the price is right and it's in good shape, I'll get whatever.
Enjoy your new toy!

UsrName said:
I'm looking for the right deal right now as I'll be going used. I've got my eye on a compact combo right now. I figure the head and combo are usually the same price, so why not get an extra speaker out of it. I've got a 2x12 cab if I need a fuller sound. I'm also considering the medium head, but if the price is right and it's in good shape, I'll get whatever.
Enjoy your new toy!

Hi Usr,

Did you get rid of the JSX? I got a MKIV and am happy as could be with it. I love this amp. Good luck finding a used one. There is a nice one on e-bay now for 1150 BIN with no shipping.

Hey Brady! Yeah, I got rid of it awhile back when I was asking you about the Rectoverb. Took a bad beating on it, too. I had an F-30 for awhile, which was my first intro to boogie and the tone was definitely what I was looking for, but it was too harsh at higher volumes for me. I just sold it for $100 bucks more than I paid! Boogies definitely hold their value well.

From all the talk about the mark iv, I figured that was the way to go, so I went to try one out. It had all the tones I was looking for without the harshness. I did see that one on the bay with free shipping, but I'm a combo guy, and like I said, why not get a speaker for the same price.

Did you get rid of the Rectoverb? I think it would be awesome to have both. There definitely needs to be a Mark IV thread on here or HC. I saw one on here, but it doesn't get many posts. ???

UsrName said:
Hey Brady! Yeah, I got rid of it awhile back when I was asking you about the Rectoverb. Took a bad beating on it, too. I had an F-30 for awhile, which was my first intro to boogie and the tone was definitely what I was looking for, but it was too harsh at higher volumes for me. I just sold it for $100 bucks more than I paid! Boogies definitely hold their value well.

From all the talk about the mark iv, I figured that was the way to go, so I went to try one out. It had all the tones I was looking for without the harshness. I did see that one on the bay with free shipping, but I'm a combo guy, and like I said, why not get a speaker for the same price.

Did you get rid of the Rectoverb? I think it would be awesome to have both. There definitely needs to be a Mark IV thread on here or HC. I saw one on here, but it doesn't get many posts. ???

There is one on HC. Do a search for the "Mesa Mark thread" , it includes all of the mark series amps. I sold the Rectoverb and am really happy with the Mark IV. I actually bought another mark IV head on e-bay this weekend. I'm going to try both and keep the one I like more cosmetically and sell the other. I may come out ahead as I got a pretty good deal. Eventually I'd like to have either a rectoverb or tremoverb. I'd also like to try a roadster at some point. You should really try the head route. It gives you a lot more flexibility to try different speakers and is much more portable I think. Good luck

Yeah I love my Mark IV as well.For awhile I was getting burnt out because I couldn't seem to dial in a nice smooth tone like I wanted(Petrucci's old tone back during G3 in about 2001 I believe it was) so I sat down messed with stereo delay and I ended up getting a nicer tone out of it.It is no Petrucci tone, his tone was godly, it was like a violin with balls.It was such a smooth liquid sounding tone, but had a nice bite to it when you wanted it.

I used to have a Road King and I didn't like it at all, very harsh and brittle, I never regretted selling it and getting this Mark IV.My friend also has a F-50 and I didn't really care for how it sounded either, but his tubes are definately needing to be replaced.Very microphonic and the power tubes are really glowing blue now.It seems to be lacking gain as well and he hates that about it.He wants a Mark IV now, he loves mine. :)

I only wish I could find that amazing tone that Petrucci was getting back around 2001 with Glasgow Kiss and others during G3.I believe it was a Mark IIc+ and Mark IV he was using but I should be able to get close I would think.Maybe it had something to do with the acoustics of the room he was playing in?If so then I want that room. :lol:

Either way long live the Mark IV!

My Mark IV is now on the way, too! Should get it Monday or Tuesday of next week. Be sure to post pics and/or clips when you get it.

Mr. Brady:

Where abouts in VA are you? I just got my combo from a guy in Richmond named Chicago Cy Taggart at Affordable Audio. Ever hear of it? He does a lot of shows around there I hear.

UsrName said:
My Mark IV is now on the way, too! Should get it Monday or Tuesday of next week. Be sure to post pics and/or clips when you get it.

Mr. Brady:

Where abouts in VA are you? I just got my combo from a guy in Richmond named Chicago Cy Taggart at Affordable Audio. Ever hear of it? He does a lot of shows around there I hear.

Never heard of him. I'm about an hour and half from Richmond on the west side of the state.

Back