MKIV Loop Level Controls, Volume drop, how?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zorshelter

Reaction score
Here we go:

lately I'm experiencing a serious volume drop when plugging a suhr minimix and timefactor in my effect loop, so I went back to my Mark IV manual and discovered that the masters acted as Effects Send Levels controls and that the output level acts as a Effects return level control so I tried to compensate the loss but I really don't know how this is supposed to work, because if I increase the volume (masters or output) of course it sounds louder but as soon as I switch the loop off it sounds even louder, so I think I didn't catch something
:roll: :roll: :roll:

If anyone knows how to make this work it'd be great!!!!

I do not see a buffer or output level adjustment on either of your units. The Surh is just a loop converter and the Time Factor has nothing more than wet and dry mixes. Most decent effects units tailored for loops have both an input and output level adjustment. For instance, I use the G-Major through the loop of the MK IV and have the output of the unit set to be in unity with the bypassed loop. The Surh unit is interesting, but I do not see any benefit to covert the IV from serial to parallel. I may be partial, but it is a relatively transparent loop.

I haven't had any trouble with the loop either...I actually get the level on the deluxe memory man in my Mark IV effects loop higher, so I DO get a volume boost when engaging the loop.

ibanez4life SZ! said:
I haven't had any trouble with the loop either...I actually get the level on the deluxe memory man in my Mark IV effects loop higher, so I DO get a volume boost when engaging the loop.

Sure, I just use the presets in the G-Major to set a +6db boost with the same effects, just louder like a Solo boost. It works in reverse as well. When you lower the units output, you can increase the IV's master volume and get it to work a bit harder.

Well thanks for the replies, I must have understood something wrong in the Mark IVs manual then because it says the input/output levels of the loop can be adjusted (with masters and output level knobs)

I didn't use the minimix till I got the Timefactor, I have a T rex replica delay and really it sounds amazing in the loop and I lost that with the Timefactor so I wanted to try with the minimix but now there are volume drops..........

Latest posts

Back