MKiv Distortion

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheesebox

Reaction score
Has anyone got any samples of the MKiv distortion similar to that used on the Metallica Black album. I believe this amp was used on that album and I am seriously considering getting one.

Thanks.

Yeah its good for metallica black album type stuff and MOP tones.
I think i recall, NoGlassNoClass had some clips and settings of MOP nailing tones.

Your really need a solid rear-loaded cab with the right speakers (I'd advise vintage30's) to get that type of heavy sound.

Personally I have a few issues getting the type of tone you are referring to, It seems when I hit the low EAD type power chords the sound seems to fart a bit. But I'm thinking its probably a guitar or cab issue. Not the amp. But I'm in the process of eliminating this issue, I'll chime in and tell you how it goes when i get around to it

Thanks for the clip, thats the sound that i want. As you might have read in my other post I have actually purchased a MKIV widebody combo ... so there is no turning back now! Just gotta wait for it to arrive.

I have an ESP EC400 with the EMG81 pickups, so i should have the right guitar for the sound (I also have another guitar for the cheesey stuff too!)

Cheers,

Tom

That was awesome Nitobattery!

Can you post some of your settings fot the 'tallica stuff?

Thanks,

RB

Grandor said:
Your really need a solid rear-loaded cab with the right speakers (I'd advise vintage30's) to get that type of heavy sound.

Personally I have a few issues getting the type of tone you are referring to, It seems when I hit the low EAD type power chords the sound seems to fart a bit. But I'm thinking its probably a guitar or cab issue. Not the amp. But I'm in the process of eliminating this issue, I'll chime in and tell you how it goes when i get around to it
I have none of those issues with my Mk IV when I use my Boogie EVM loaded Thiele cabs ( I use two).

Back